One of the best thing about making copycat versions of restaurant dishes is you can not only recreate them but also can improve upon them as well. Olive Garden Chicken and shrimp carbonara is the basic recipe that you can change or tweak according to your taste or preference.
The main point we notice is that we don’t see the need in crumbing the chicken. Although it can be delicious when you mix it into the creamy carbonara sauce, any crispiness will soon become soggy.
So in this post we will discuss it that how you can make Olive Garden chicken and shrimp carbonara recipe.
Chicken and Shrimp carbonara olive garden
Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara is the newest entree of Olive garden’s and was inspired during the chefs’ trip to the Italian region of Rome. In the menu items and recipe mixed chicken and shrimp with bucatini pasta in a pancetta and parmesan cream sauce.
Before ingredients and directions for chicken and shrimp carbonara let’s discuss what is chicken and shrimp carbonara?
Carbonara is an Italian dish combines chicken or shrimp along with pasta and a cream sauce. Olive Garden was kind enough to share this recipe for delicious chicken and shrimp Carbonara, along with a recipe for flatbread.
MARINATED CHICKEN OR SHRIMP:
- A cup of virgin olive oil
- Cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 3 pounds chicken strips or large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoon of bacon bits
- 3 tablespoon flour
- A cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of bacon base
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 boxes of any long pasta spaghetti, linguine, etc.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of Romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 3/4 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- Marinated chicken strips from step 1
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red peppers, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
First of all, make sure to heat oven to 350ºF before marination. After preheat to 350 follow following steps:
MARINATED CHICKEN OR SHRIMP:
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil together with hot water
- seasoning and chopped garlic
- Add the chicken strips
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add garlic and bacon bits
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk bacon base, pepper and salt
- Use a wire whisk to whip all ingredients together
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and allow simmering
- Combine Romano, Parmesan, mozzarella, panko, chopped garlic, melted butter and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl
- Stir until well blended. Set aside
CHICKEN OR SHRIMP:
- Preheat large skillet
- Add chicken to the pan
- Add red peppers and bacon bits
- Cook for 3 more minutes or until cooked on both sides and internal temperatures reach 165ºF for chicken and 155ºF for shrimp
- Add sauce (from above) Stir until well blended
- Place hot, precooked pasta on a larger serving platter
- Top with chicken (or shrimp) and sauce
- Evenly distribute topping over top of chicken (or shrimp)
- Place in broiler until top is golden brown
- Serve immediately and enjoy
5 Steps to make Shrimp Carbonara Recipe
After following steps you can easily make your tasty Shrimp carbonara recipe. So have a look on below-mentioned ingredients and procedure:-
Steps to Follow:-
- We are using a mixture of cream and milk, as this is not a healthy dish so if you can use milk only and replace the butter with the same amount of olive oil.
- Turn the garlic into a paste, mix it with the butter and add both to a pan on low heat. Add the pancetta and saute for 1 minute. Add the flour, stir into a paste and slowly add the cream and milk. Beat together as you heat to create a bechamel sauce. After this add the grated cheese and stir in.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- Cut the chicken into pieces and put it in a pan with a little oil until golden brown.
- If the carbonara sauce has cooled, heat it up again and stir the cooked and drained pasta into it. Add the chicken, but not the shrimp. Once the sauce has warmed up, add the chopped fresh basil and stir in.