We often go through this tough problem of having stains on clothes while ironing them. When we wash our clothes and then it’s time to iron them, we often spray water or use starch spray while ironing. Sometimes iron leaves a rusty stain on the garment. Which means that we should again do the washing and ironing process?
We must learn how to avoid stains on clothes while ironing them, for this, we should use some techniques and effective home remedies. It is very important to stop this electric product from damaging our clothes that’s why here on vequill.com, we are providing you some many easy and effective home remedies and tips on How to avoid stains on clothes while ironing.
Things required avoiding stains on clothes while ironing
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- White vinegar
- Soft cotton cloth
- Clothes which has to be ironed
- An iron
- Wax paper
Important steps to avoid stains on clothes while ironing
Cleaning of iron before using it
- Firstly, we will recommend you to clean the iron once in a week. Dirt and other particles releases from the iron is a very common problem that needs to be fixed. To clean your iron properly and completely there are two ingredients which are always very effective when it comes to cleaning.
- Baking soda and white vinegar are very helpful for cleaning anything. You can clean your iron using these two natural cleaning products; it is very economical and cheap.
- Before cleaning your iron, you must check that is it switched off? Or it is cold. Never try to clean iron if it is plugged in or hot. Now after this, prepare a solution of water, vinegar, and baking soda.
- Mix all the three ingredients and prepare a thick paste, then take soft cotton cloth, put the cotton cloth in this mixture and then clean your iron’s metal plate with this mixture, moving the cloth gently in circular motions. After cleaning your iron with this you will notice that all the dirt and dust particles are removed from the iron plate and it is cleaned now.
Another method to clean the iron before using it
- Vinegar and baking soda is not only the way to clean your iron, you can also use parchment paper and salt. Parchment paper is also same as waxed paper; you can also use wax paper too for this method. Put parchment paper on an iron stand, then put some salt on it, after that move your iron on the salt vigorously. This method will leave the iron like a new one, by doing this a shine will appear on the metal plate of the iron and all the dust and rust will disappear from the iron.
- After that, you can also use metal polish on the metal surface of the iron to return to its original state.
- To properly clean the iron, that it should not stain your clothes you should also clean water deposit. Prepare a mixture of white vinegar and sodium bicarbonate; put this mixture in iron’s water deposit. Now switch on the iron and leave it to turn hot. Use vaporizer for passing the mixture through the tiny holes of the iron.
How to avoid burn marks on clothes while ironing
- Another stain which we mostly got from iron is burning mark on clothes. To avoid such burn marks you should always control the temperature of the iron. Do not overheat the iron that it should stick to your garment and burnt it. The temperature should be hot enough just to iron the clothes and make then wrinkle free not to burn them.
- We should always move iron when ironing clothes; moving iron continuously on cloth did not burn it. Burn marks cannot be removed from anything, so we should be very careful while ironing clothes especially if they are white.
- Do not leave the iron in the same place or area of the cloth for long period of time; it will result in the burning of a garment which cannot be cured of anything.
- Before ironing delicate and white clothes, we will recommend you to put a thin wet cloth on the garment which you want to iron. Putting a thin cloth over the garment will help you to save the garment from excess heat and burning, Otherwise directly putting a hot iron on delicate dresses will surely burn them.
Points to remember while cleaning iron
- Always make sure and check that iron is switched off before cleaning it.
- Only clean the iron when it is cold, do not try to clean hot iron as it will burn your skin.
- Do not overheat the iron while ironing as it can burn your garment easily.
- The very low temperature of iron also leaves the stain on a wet garment while ironing them.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit www.Tryarticles.com