Best Time To Visit Hawaii: While planning a trip to the island of Hawaii, the first thing we want to know is the best time to travel. Taking into account the weather forecast is the most important thing before traveling. Also, you should check local festivals and events if you want to fully enjoy the trip.
If you are planning to visit Hawaii then in this article, we will provide you a detailed guideline on the best time to visit Hawaii. So if you are interested to know the best time and occasions to travel then read the article till the end.
Best Time To Visit Hawaii
April, May, September, and October are the best months to visit the island. These months have the best combination of great weather and fewer people. The Big Island is twice in size rather than other islands. That combined together, with eight different climate zones.
March and April are the rainiest months in these regions. On the other hand, mid-May to late July is the driest. Ocean temperature for these regions have mostly the same. August, September, and October are the warmest.
On the contrary, February and March are the best. During winter, the best surf comes to the east and west coasts. The high season and the whale season start from the end of December until March. In addition, the low season is during April and May and from September to mid-December.
Hawaii In March
The festivals you must check out are:
- Honolulu Festival: It is a three-day Celebration of Waikiki of Hawaii and the Pacific Rim. This festival includes cultural explorations. It consists of food, dance, arts and ends with a parade.
- Kona Brewer’s Festival: This festival features contains 47 breweries and chefs from 29 restaurants. It opens with hula and a home brewer’s competition, live music, and a trash fashion show.
- Merrie Monarch Festival: It is three day festival with a huge hula competition. It also features invitational art fair, hula shows, and a parade through Hilo. Though the tickets required for this event. However, most events are free for public.
- Honolulu Brewers Festival: It has more than 100 craft beers from Hawaii, the mainland and abroad. As well as live entertainment and food from the best restaurants in Oahu.
Best Time To Visit Hawaii – August
- Ho’oku’ikahi Establishment Day Hawaiian Cultural Festival: It is a celebration of ancient Hawaiian culture. Though it is free for public. People are requested to learn at least one craft before they join to help preserve the culture. You can choose from lei making, feather standards, and more. Activities include Ho’okupu Ceremony, canoe rides, and Hawaiian food tasting.
- Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament:It is a five-day fishing competition in Kona. The public is invited to catch heavy fish in the afternoon, and some can get a picture with the last Miss Billfish.
Hawaii in September
- Kauai Mokihana Festival: This is a weeklong Hawaiian culture. This event includes music contest, hula contest, lectures, and a craft fair.
- Aloha Festivals: A statewide celebration, all islands celebrate their own Aloha Weeks. But, Oahu has a huge one. This massive festival attracts more than 100,000 attendees. Reenactment of the royal court, Hawaii’s largest block party in Waikiki. A floral parade is the main feature of this festival.
- Okinawan Festival: A celebration of all things Okinawan, featuring karate demos, dance, taiko drumming, food, and lion dancers.
Best Time To Visit Hawaii – October
- Hawaii Food And Wine Festival: Events take place on different days over three islands. Some highlights include an urban luau, rare wine tasting, ramen showdown, kids’ cooking class, and history of cocktail scandals.
- Coconut Festival: On the coconut coast of Kauai, it is a celebration of the coconut fruit. It features a coconut cookoff, a cooking demo, and a pie-eating competition.
- Ironman Competition: The world’s biggest and toughest triathlon. Competitors by qualification only.
These were some of the festivals you can enjoy in Hawaii while in the best months to travels. You can enjoy to fullest as there will be less crowd in these months
I hope you like my post about the best time to visit Hawaii. If you have any queries or want to give suggestions then write it down in the comments section. We will be waiting to hear from you. You can also read: