BFF is a Slang word which is you might hear or face on social media networking sites or chatting applications, Such abbreviations are quite common these days. There are many acronyms such as YH, BRB, WYD, and ILY, which are commonly used in conversation. In this article, you will learn about BFF meaning and what does BFF stand for?
There are tons of short terms, even we face new short terms every day and all these acronyms come through social media. People use acronyms for an instant reply to a message on online texting applications. They just type abbreviations instead of a complete sentence or word.
BFF is an abbreviation of “Best Friend Forever“, Which means the closest friend to someone. It is used in the same the way as we use in real-time conversation. This term is used mostly by the youngster.
A BFF is a term which is used for a best friend and is characterized by faith or trust. Best friends are usually close contact and have shared experience such as has attending the same school, college.
BFF Originate From
The acronym BFF was added to the New Oxford American Dictionary in 2010, This dictionary stated that this shorthand term was originated in 1996. Like BFF there is also a slang word known as BRB which mean “Be Right Back“, people on social media commonly use this word in online text communication.
The concept of being or having the best friend is ageless, this acronym got famous as a quick way for friends to sign off and show their positive feelings for one another while instant messaging on social media networking sites or online texting applications.
How BFF Is Used
BFF is frequently used by the teens especially by the girls. It is used in Informal conversation, it can be written in both upper and lower case letters. And it can never be a part of Formal conversation.
BFF is used as an adolescent term by the teenage girls to show friendship but is sometimes used by the adults to comically describe the friends. There is no specific format which describes how to write such acronyms in conversations or emails whether in upper or lower case letters.
Best friends are like a family, they are always there with you in any situation. They pick you up when you are upset and lift you up even higher when you are on the top of the world, they are your crime partner.
Looking for the best words which describe the importance of your best friends in your life? Choose from the following collection, we gathered the best BFF quotes. Share these quotes on friendship with your best friends, they will love it.
- You’re my Unbiological Sister/Brother.
- True friendship isn’t about being inseparable. It’s being distant and nothing changes.
- Best friends are the people you can do anything or nothing with but still have the best time.
- You laugh. I laugh. You cry. I cry. You jump off a cliff. I say “do a flip”.
- Best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us.
- The most beautiful exploration best friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
- Only those who care about you can hear you when you’re quiet.
- Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and you both just want to take a nap.
- One friend can change your whole life.
- One million memories, ten thousand inside jokes, one hundred shared secrets, one reason: best friends.
- Best friends make the hard times easier and good times better.
- Friendship picks you up when the world lets you down.
- It doesn’t matter who likes us. WE like us.
- Sometimes, being with your best friend is all the treatment you need.
- Friendship is about finding people who are crazy like you.
For more BFF quotes Kindly visit 35 Best Friend Quotes and Sayings.
There are various other common slang words which are related to BFF, Few of them are listed below:
- GF – Girlfriend
- BF – BoyFriend
- Bestie – Best Friend
- DW – Dear Wife
- DS – Dear Son
- DD – Dear Daughter
- DH – Dear Husband
- DB – Dear Brother
BFF Stands For Else
BFF has a different meaning in various fields some of them are mentioned below:
Government & Military
- British Forces Foundation (UK)
- Benchmark Format Form
- Bush Fire Fighter (Australia)
Science & Medicine
- Black-Footed Ferret
- Body Fixed Frame (physics)
- Biotech Finance Forum
- Below Finished Floor (architectural, mechanical drawings)
- Buffered Flip-Flop
Slang & Jorgan
- Best Friends Forever (chat)
- Best Friends Funeral (senior slang)
- Big Fat Friend
- Bicycle Film Festival (various locations)
- Best Fan Forever
- Best Foot Forward
- Ben Folds Five (band)
- Best Friend Farted
- Bring Friend and Family
- Beyond Final Fantasy (gaming)
- Bank Failure Friday
- Barely Freaking Friends
- Boyfriend Forever
- Best Frenemies Forever
- Best Freakin Friend
- Black Friend Forever
BFF is an abbreviation of “Best Friend Forever”, such acronyms are commonly used on social media networking sites and online chatting applications. It is used in the same the way as we use in real-time conversation. There is also another famous internet slang known as WYD mean “What You Doing” or “What are You Doing“, it is used in hashtags on twitter, facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
BFF is frequently used by the teens especially by the girls. Best friends are usually close contact and have shared experience such as has attending the same school, college. They are like family members, who always stay with you in any situation.
I hope you like my article about “What does BFF Mean?” You can also visit some other interesting posts like: