Can Dogs Eat Cantaloupe? The answer to this Question is Yes!. This sweet melon is very beneficial for your dog. You can feed your furry friend cantaloupe but in the limit. This juicy fruit is an amazing alternative to regular dog treats.
As a pet parent, it can be very difficult to keep track of which vegetables & fruits are OK for your pup. Cantaloupe is very healthy for over-weight dogs. The seeds are also safe for dogs to have, but one should avoid giving them intentionally. As the seeds can be the choking hazard for your dogs.
No matter how much your dog loves cantaloupe, always feed them as a treat. Moreover, excess of this fruit can cause an upset stomach.
Can Dogs Eat Cantaloupe
Cantaloupe help dogs having weak eyesight. Moreover, this fruit contains tons of beta carotene and vitamin A. These nutrients help to prevent damaged cells. They reduce the risk of tumor in dogs.
Moreover, this delicious melon is loaded with B-6. fiber, folate and many other nutrients. Feed the soft part of cantaloupe to your dog. Do not give your pups the rind of this fruit. As the rind can be the choking hazard and may cause intestinal destruction.
Same like watermelon, cantaloupe is a water-rich treat for dogs. It is the best treat to feed your dogs, especially in the summer season. Cantaloupe contains Vitamin C in it. That can help reduce inflammation in dogs.
Benefits of Cantaloupe for Pups
There are many benefits of this yummy fruit for dogs, some are given below:
- Cantaloupe keeps your dog active and healthy at the same time. If your pet needs to lose weight then you can add this fruit in his diet. Cantaloupe is safe for dogs, but always consult your vet before adding any new food to your dog’s diet.
- This melon is good for dogs but that does not mean that you can give them whole fruit. Excess of everything can be harmful to pets. One or two slices of cantaloupe are enough for dogs. You can feed this juicy fruit as a reward to your pup.
- Moreover, cantaloupe is full of water and it is low in calories. So, this fruit keeps your four-legged friend hydrated and fresh.
- Cantaloupe has many benefits, as it contains several antioxidants. That saves your dog from many different diseases. The high fiber content in cantaloupe help dogs in healthy digestion.
- Besides this, cantaloupe fulfils all the nutritional needs of your dog’s body. So, feed them cantaloupe in the right amount. This delicious melon saves your dog from getting sick because of antioxidants in it.
Possible Hazards of Cantaloupe for Dogs
The tough skin of cantaloupe can be a choking hazard for dogs. The rind of this fruit can cause (GI) gastrointestinal problem in dogs. Similarly, like any other snack cantaloupe should be fed in limitation to your pets.
Furthermore, if your dog is diabetic then this fruit is not good for him. Cantaloupe contains high sugar content in it. It can cause obesity in dogs. Avoid giving this fruit to over-weight dogs. Yet, if you have any queries about feeding cantaloupe to your pet, you must consult the vet.
Do not feed a large amount of cantaloupe to dogs, as it increases the sugar in the blood. This melon can cause vomiting and diarrhea too. Rinds of cantaloupe can cause a serious obstruction in dogs.
If you are serious about your pet’s health then visit any nearest best Pet Hospital. You can also visit VCA Mainland Animal Hospital located in Texas, they provide the best services.
I hope you like my post about “Can Dogs Eat Cantaloupe”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit: