Washing bed sheets and covers of mattresses is very easy but what if you wanted to clean a whole mattress. Try to clean a mattress with natural products. The mattress does not need to be clean so often you should only try to clean mattress twice a year. Always try to clean a mattress with natural products like baking soda, lemon, vinegar and many others. Cleaning of a mattress is very important for you and your kid’s health.
If a person is having allergies and asthma then it’s very important that your mattress should be clean and free of germs and mites.
If you don’t want to do a deep cleaning of a mattress then you can only remove the sheet and hit the mattress by a stick to remove excess dust and then vacuuming the whole mattress would help you to clean it. You should try to learn the correct use of every cleaning ingredient like lemon, vinegar, and baking soda. So, here on vequill.com, we are providing you some many easy and effective steps on How to clean a mattress with natural products without damaging it.
Things required in cleaning a mattress with natural products
- Vacuum cleaner
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Lemon juice or lemons
- White vinegar
- Hair dryer
- Soft cotton cloth
Steps to follow for cleaning a mattress with a natural product
- For this, you have to take a small box of baking soda and few drops of scented essential oil. Add few drops of essential oil in 500-gram box of baking soda, and then shake the box well. You can use sandalwood, lavender or any other soothing essential oils to mix with baking soda. You will also need a vacuum cleaner for this method.
- Now sprinkle baking soda on an entire surface of the mattress, and leave it on the mattress to penetrate. Then after one hour remove all the baking soda by vacuuming the whole mattress. Baking soda will eliminate all the foul smell from the mattress and makes it fresh and brighten.
- Baking soda will also reduce the moister if it’s in the mattress; baking soda is very effective when it comes to cleaning. Baking soda is also known as a king of cleaner, it works magically if mixed with white vinegar and lemon. Baking soda on the mattress will also lift all the dust and dirt from the mattress very quickly.
Cleaning of a mattress with lemon and salt
- If you want to remove stains from the surface of a mattress then you should try salt and lemon juice. Prepare a thick paste of salt and little amount of lemon juice and apply this paste on the stains of the mattress, leave it on the stain for one hour and then rub it gently with a soft bristle brush for few minutes.
- After that remove the paste from the stain with the help of small towel or with a soft cotton cloth. The quantity of paste depends upon the size of the stain, so prepare the mixture of salt and lemon juice according to the size of the stain.
- Lemon juice and salt are two very effective natural cleaning products, so using them for removing stains is very good, you should also try using them in your home for removing all the tough and critical stains.
Cleaning of a mattress with white vinegar
- Another method for cleaning of a mattress is to use white vinegar. When we say vinegar for cleaning it means we always mean white vinegar because other kinds of vinegar have colors, so if you will use them for cleaning your mattress or anything they will leave there color on the mattress and will damage them. So always use white distilled vinegar for cleaning purposes.
- As we all know white vinegar is multipurpose cleaner, we can use white vinegar to clean and sanitize almost everything. So take one tablespoon of water, one tablespoon of white vinegar and little amount of liquid detergent or liquid dishwasher in a small bowl. Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl, dip a sponge in a prepared mixture and then clean the whole mattress surface with this cleaning mixture.
- Clean the surface by pressing the sponge hard on the surface to perform a deep cleaning of the mattress.
- After that leave it for 1 hour to act and then wipe out the whole surface of the mattress with water. Repeat the process to ensure that your mattress is odor free and properly clean now. Clean the mattress with water few times to remove all the traces of vinegar and liquid detergent.
- Finally, allow the mattress to dry in sunlight if it’s difficult for you to put mattress outside in sunlight you can also lean it in front of the window against the wall on which sunlight directly hits the wall, this process will also help you to dry your mattress completely. You will notice that after performing this method your mattress is now clean and fresh free of all the germs and bacteria.
- Beg buds and mites is a great problem if you do not clean your mattress, so this procedure will remove all of these and also helps you to get rid of molds and its nasty smell.
Cleaning of a mattress using household ammonia
- You can also use household ammonia for deep cleaning of a mattress, although this s not a natural product you can use it if your mattress is so dirty and have a nasty smell, which is unbearable in this case you should try using undiluted, without any fragrance household ammonia.
- Just apply it using soft cotton cloth on the stained part of the mattress and leave it for some time to act. After that time, wipe the stained area with a damp cotton cloth and allow the mattress to dry. You can also use a blow dryer if you want your mattress to be dried really quickly.
- On low temperature, you can dry your mattress using a hairdryer. This method is really very effective and you can get household ammonia from any nearby store or supermarket at a cheap cost.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily.