Cleaning of a mattress you found on the street is very essential for your health because many people throw many things on the street which they do not use, but it’s not necessary that those things could also be useless for you. You can really put them to good use if you wanted one. So if you find a mattress on the street which is in good condition and you wanted one, you can surely bring it to home. But before start using it you should clean it properly to get rid of any germs and dead skin cells.
Bed bugs are also a big problem in these types of things so make sure to clean and sanitize it completely before start using it at your home. It is no harm that you should use cheap and good thing if you get a chance and find an appropriate thing on street. You just have to learn how to clean it properly. So, here on vequill.com, we are providing you some many easy and effective steps on How to clean a mattress you found on the street.
Things required for cleaning a mattress you found on the street
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Antibacterial spray
- Soft cotton cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
- Garment steamer
- Liquid detergent
- Lukewarm water
Steps to follow for cleaning a mattress you found on the street
- So if you found a mattress on the street now it’s your responsibility to clean and sanitize it completely by removing all the dust, dirt, mites, bed bugs and all the stains on it. Cleaning of a mattress you found on the street should be your first priority. Removing all the nasty things is very important and first part of it because human skin is very sensitive and you never know that you catch different germs and allergies from these type of things.
- So, if you are having sensitive skin or allergies or even asthma then sanitizing a mattress you found on street should be your first priority.
- Then you should remove all the molds or stains which it contains not even for its appearance but also for your hygiene. So in the first place do all these above-mentioned tasks first.
- Now the second thing is to select a perfect day for cleaning a mattress. When we clean something in fall and spring that cleaning is more effective as compared to winter and summer cleaning of the same thing. Clean a mattress on low humid, sunny day because after cleaning a mattress you can put it outside in sunlight to dry it.
- Sunlight has UV rays which work as a natural disinfectant and it kills all the germs and bacteria from the mattress. If it’s difficult for you to put mattress outside then you can also lean the mattress in front of the window against the wall in which sunlight directly hits. This method will also work same like putting a mattress outside in sunlight.
- Now lay down the mattress straight in the flat surface and then hit it or beat it with a stick to get rid of as much dust and dirt as you can. Then you can use crevice tool attached with upholstery of your vacuum cleaner to clean and removes the dust of entire mattress again because cleaning of a mattress you found on the street is very important.
- If the mattress you found on street contains some stains or moister then it should be of kids urine, spills of some liquid or maybe some pets accident so you should try to clean it with a towel and some liquid detergent. Rub the stained part for some time to remove the stains completely and then leave it for some time to act and then clean it with clean and dry cotton cloth.
- So remove the moister from the mattress and then start vacuuming it. Cleaning of a mattress is very important for your health also.
- Now you have to disinfect the mattress you found on street by running a garment steamer on the entire surface of the mattress. This method will kill all the mites, germs and bacteria’s from the mattress. Now sprinkle baking soda powder on the entire mattress surface.
- Baking soda is natural disinfectant it also helps to remove all the foul smell from the mattress because sanitizing and proper cleaning of a mattress is important for your children health also.
- It will make mattress fresh and free of all the germs. Leave baking soda on the mattress surface for at least 15-20 minutes to act after that time remove the powder by vacuuming the surface of the mattress. You can also use soft and dry cotton cloth to remove the baking powder from the surface of the mattress.
- Baking soda is king of cleaners it can clean and sanitize almost anything in daily households. Baking soda can easily eliminate the strong smell of urine from your mattress, It can easily sanitize your washroom and kitchen sinks. Baking soda when mixed with vinegar or lemon juice works so effectively.
- You can read the article How to clean a mattress using baking soda
- If the mattress is having so much bacteria and molds then what you have expected then you have to clean it with professional and specialized disinfectant solution which you can get from the nearby supermarket or store at cheap cost. Clean a mattress properly and completely which you found on the street.
- Finally, now you have to buy an antibacterial spray, If the disinfectant is in the form of the liquid solution then mix it with a little amount of Luke warm water to make it dilute, dip a soft cotton cloth in it, wring it properly and then wipe the whole mattress surface from it.
- If you are using antibacterial spray then spray this solution on the entire surface of the mattress to make it germs free for you and your family and then wipe it with a soft and dry cotton cloth. Disinfecting a mattress you found on street is very important.
- Now the mattress you found on the street is ready to use. You can enjoy sleeping on it by covering it with mattress protector so it will not get any stains or marks on it. Even it will not get damaged if some liquid spills on the mattress deliberately by someone. Enjoy sleeping on it and have sweet dreams. Now you can enjoy the mattress you found on the street to the fullest,
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily.