Memory foam mattresses are little hard to manage as they really need some special care to maintain them. Memory foam mattresses are made up of open cells which are tightly linked together. It is made up of synthetic material which doesn’t allow more dust and dirt to settle on it but it also needs to be clean to make it look new. Chemicals used in this memory foam mattress don’t allow mites to build up to great extent. Memory foam mattresses also need special maintenance to clean them as they get stained and dirty by sweat, blood or urine.
From the daily use of mattress if also looks dull and fade so it needs to be clean correctly without any damage. Here on vequill.com, we are providing you some easy and important tips on How to clean a memory foam mattress.
Useful steps: How to clean memory foam Mattress
- Mattresses are not very cheap to buy, you need to maintain them and protect them from any critical stains. You can clean mattress in so many easy ways but before telling you that, we will recommend you to use a mattress protector. Mattress protectors are easily washable in washing machines same as you usually wash your clothes and prevent them from any dust, dirt, blood or urine stains. Mattress protectors are very useful and they save your mattress from any dust and dirt.
- If you have small children, then you may need to cover your mattress from mattress protector. You can also use waterproof mattress protector as children can accidentally stain the mattress from urine or vomit usually.
- You can also vacuum the memory foam mattress once in a week when you change sheet to clean any dust and dirt from them. To dry the memory foam mattress put them in an airy room with cross ventilation in it. Do not place them in direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the mattress, in the same way, avoid using hair dryer or heaters to dry them.
- If you want to get rid of drink stains on your mattress you can use soap and water. Mix the little amount of liquid detergent in warm water, damp a cotton cloth from it, wring it properly then rub the stain on the mattress until it starts fading. If the stain is still there, then you can use baking soda to get rid of such stains. Cover the stain with baking soda, now take a well-wrung cotton cloth and wipe the stained part of the mattress.
- If you want to get rid of urine stains then you need to act as fast as possible. If the stain is fresh then put some absorbent cloth to absorb the excess liquid. Then spray baking soda solution on the stain to remove any remaining stain marks from the mattress. Leave the baking soda solution on the stain for overnight to act on the stain. Then use a vacuum to get rid of any dust and dirt on the foam.
- If your mattress contains blood stains then it may need little effort to remove it. Blood stains are critical to removing from any garments as well as from mattresses. You need to act fast if the blood stain is fresh, absorb the excess blood with some absorbent cloth. Then apply a little amount of hydrogen peroxide and leave it for few minutes to act on the stain. Then wipe it with a damp cotton cloth. If the stain is still there then repeat the process until the stain is gone.
- You can put a mattress in sunlight to get rid of any bad odor or smoke. You can also spray baking soda solution on the mattress leave it for few minutes then vacuum the mattress to remove any dust and dirt. Spray some good fragrance on the mattress or some air freshener to make your mattress smell good.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tryarticles.com