Clear Memory On Android: Android users are facing one of the most common problems with Android smartphones is running out of space. Due to this problem users could not download a photo or video from Whatsapp because the phone did not have enough memory.
So here in this article, I am providing some solutions to deal with this out of space problem. One solution is to buy an SD card with more capacity, but it is also possible to Clear Memory On Android without undue complications.
How To Clear Memory On Android?
Steps To Follow:
- You should know what is eating up your phone’s memory? Usually, apps are to blame because they occupy a lot of space. To check which weigh more and select the ones you are going to uninstall, go to Configuration of your smartphone > Applications > Manage Applications. here you will see what each one occupies.
- If you really want to free up space on an Android phone, then the first step is to get rid of apps that occupy unnecessary space. After deciding which apps you can live without, select uninstall.
- Still on Configuration > Applications > Manage Applications keep selecting those you don’t need anymore or want to delete and pressing ‘Uninstall’.
- Those of you who do not want to uninstall has another option that is to choose to click on ‘Clear data’ in order to free up further space on your Android phone as this will rub off any unnecessary data in apps.
- Have you already gotten rid of the apps you do not need and have deleted the data but this is still not enough? Now, this is time to move them to an SD card so they don’t occupy the internal phone memory. For this, again go to Configuration > Applications > Manage Applications select the app you want to move and click ‘Move to SD’.
- Finally, check out the photos and videos that you have stored on your smartphone usually in the gallery. Many can be directly deleted. But if you want to keep them all, transfer them to your computer via Bluetooth and delete them from the phone so do not occupy unnecessary space.
There are apps such as Instagram that create an automatic folder where all the pictures you have edited are saved. As you will most likely have the originals on your phone, you can delete these pictures too. If you still want to keep the edited Instagram pictures you can download them easily on your Android phone.
If you want to know exactly what is taking up storage on your device then modern versions of Android can show this as they have a Storage pane. So to find this, open the Settings screen and tap Storage there you can see how much space is used up by apps and their data, by pictures and videos, audio files, downloads, cached data, and miscellaneous other files. The thing is, it works a little bit differently depending on which version of Android you’re using.
How To Clear Data Or App Cache On Android?
As every Android smartphone has an application manager so you can get to through the settings menu. You can see it at the top level somewhere, though it can vary a little by phone, once you get to it, you’re at the heart of the matter. This is where you can see every application that’s installed on your phone or tablet and it’s an easy place to clean things.
How To Clear App Cache?
Normally question arises in many people mind that how they can clear App cache? so answer is that as you use applications, they start storing files for reference later and these files are stored in an app “cache”. When you’re using the Android Central app, it will save images and other pieces of the stories as they don’t need to be downloaded every time the app needs them.
You may want to clear an app’s cached data, either to regain some used space or to try to fix a misbehaving app. This is where you can do it what you have to do is to just tap into the app, and then tap the “Clear cache” button.
The next time you use the app it will download everything it needs from the internet like it did the first time you used it. Clearing, cached data does not clear other data like logins or saved games.
Related Post! You can also read similar post How to increase WiFi signal on your router for free?
How To Clear App Data Or Resetting An App?
Another issue normally Android users face is that they don’t know to clear App data so here you can find guidance. Clearing app data is a little more drastic. You’re not only cleaning the cache but also clearing any and all settings that go along with that app. Basically, it will start the app from scratch, and it’ll behave as it did the first time you installed it.
If you clear app data on, let say, the Facebook app, then you’ll need to log back in and if you clear data on a game you’ve been playing, you’ll be back at the beginning, as if you’d never played it.
Next step will be to open the app and sign in or do anything else you need to get started using it. With no “old” data in place — either stored settings or cached you’re essentially running the app for the first time again. Now have a look if your problem is resolved and if so you’re lucky.
When To Clear Cache Or Data?
Here basic question is that when should you clear an app’s cache manually? there are chances that you’ll never need to but should an app start to “feel” sluggish or otherwise start misbehaving, this is where I’d start? Clear the cache.
If you just want to start it from scratch then you can go all out and clear its data and start over from the beginning. You just need to tap the “clear data” button there you will get a warning asking if that’s really what you want to do. Confirm that, and you’ve reset the app to scratch.
PDF Expert application can also be used to handle the PDF files. I hope now your problems or confusions may get fixed and if you like to read similar articles like “How To Clear Memory On Android?” then you could visit our Technology category. Moreover, if you have any question then you could tell us in the comment section below. TryArticles will try to answer your question as soon as possible.