Dog Nail Clippers: You might have heard the “tap, tap” on your floor while your dog walks around. It means this is the time to clip your dog’s nails. Your dog may be dancing happily when he sees you around. But you really need to cut his nails before any damage.
This is the most ignored part of grooming. People usually do not bother cutting their dog’s nails and leave them as it is. It may result in injuries and severe pains in your dogs. Choosing which nail clippers to be used is quite confusing as there are a few types of clippers.
Types Of Dog Nail Clippers
There are several types of dog nail clippers. Below is the list of these used for cutting dog’s nails. You will get to know which one is best for your dog.
The guillotine is just like the steel blade. Just stick one end of the dog’s nail in the hole of the Guillotine and press it. The blade gently slices off the end of the nail. These type of clippers are good for the dogs of small to medium sizes.
Scissors clippers are also called Miller’s Forge Trimmers. These work and look like scissors. They are mostly used for large-sized dogs. They are used for dogs who have large and thicker nails. Their nails need extra force to be clipped so people use scissors clippers.
A well-known tool for grinding the dog’s nail is Pedi Paws. It does not actually cut the nails but grinds them. This is very commonly used for large dogs who have thick nails. Most dog owners use this tool for the dogs who do not like their nails to be cut.
Training is necessary to get the dog used to the vibration of the device. Grinding takes much longer than the cutting process. So you and your dog must be patient during this process. Once you have got the perfect tool then it will be very easy for you and your pup.
Reviews For The Top Brands Of Dog Nail Clippers
Following are the top brands of Dog Nail Clippers along with their reviews:
Guillotine Nail Clippers
Top brand reviews for Guillotine Nail Clippers:
Safari Guillotine Nail Trimmer
- The Safari Guillotine Nail Trimmer is specially made for dog’s nail cutting and its maintenance.
- It is made from pure stainless steel.
- It can be used for any dog size whether small or large.
- It prevents any injury and is easy to use and handle.
- For perfect results cut the nails right after bathing your dog.
CHI Guillotine Dog Nail Clippers
- It has sharp blades that prevent nails from splitting.
- It lets you cut your dog’s nails easily.
- Better durability.
- Gives perfect nail clipping.
- Soft and easy to handle.
Resco Guillotine Dog Nail Clipper
- It was made in 1973 in the USA.
- It has a replaceable blade technology.
- Deluxe grips, comfortable to use, versatile and easy to use.
- Most vets recommend this.
- Lifetime warranty.
Top brand reviews for Scissor Clippers:
Conair Pet Nail Scissor Clipper
- Use Top Paw Conair Pet Nail Clipper with confidence.
- It has an ergonomic and gel grip handle.
- It is extremely comfortable to handle due to the non-slippery grip.
- It also has a stainless steel blade that cuts the nails finely.
Safari Deluxe Dog Scissor Trimmer
- It is made for small dogs.
- Its blades are made of stainless steel.
- It has a sharp and long-lasting edge.
- Suitable for every hand size.
- Non-slip finger rest.
Stainless Steel Safari Dog Scissor Clipper
- Scissor clippers specially made for dogs.
- Blades are made of stainless steel for sharp cutting.
- Blades have rounded ends which provide safe cutting.
- Trims nails and hair perfectly.
Top brand reviews for Grinder Tools:
SAFARI Dog Nail File
- It is specially made to file nails safely.
- This nail file is made to keep nails healthy and smooth.
- It can be used for any dog size.
- Make sure you give your dog the best nail filing ever.
Andis Cordless Pet Nail Grinder
- Cut your dog’s nail with the Andis Cord/Cordless Nail Grinder.
- It has two speeds, turbo and normal.
- It will not cut the nails just grind them.
- It is lightweight and ergonomic used for small or large dogs.
- It can be with a cord or can be cordless.
Coastal Pet Products Safari Diamond Dog Nail File
- Dog diamond files nails perfectly.
- Filer is made of stainless steel.
- Files nails properly and hygienically.
- Files the nails from the back to the tip.
How To Use Dog Nail Clippers?
Clipping your dog’s nails can be quite stressful for both you and your dog. Don’t worry now. It is quite an easy task. You do not have to be stressful anymore. Here is the guide that you can follow to cut your pooch’s nail.
1. Hold the toe of your dog with a gentle grip. Hold the trimmer on the other hand. Put it with the dog’s nail at a right angle. Don’t cut the nail from side to side. Always make your first cut very small. Otherwise, it will hurt your dog.
2. Continue trimming. Cut in very small lengths until you reach the end of the nail. Don’t go too further than the colored circle. There is a sensitive vein that runs in the nails of the dogs, do not cut that. The nail will start bleeding if clipped.
3. The colored circle is called quick. If you cut the quick, use proper medication. Use styptic powder or corn starch quickly. It will stop the bleeding instantly. If it does not stop contact the veterinarian.
4. Once you have cut the nails, file them with the emery board.
If you want to make your Pet look great then visit PETSMART and groom your pet well. I hope you like my post about “Dog Nail Clippers”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit: