If you have a pet dog in your home then you know dogs are very curious and they are always want to explore something new which can cause poisoning in them. This habit of exploring can lead your dog to eat toxic substances which can put their health at risk, it is your responsibility as a pet owner to react quickly in case your dog eats a toxic food. But how you know your dog has eaten something very dangerous and what are the symptoms of it?
Read this article because we are going to explain to you what are the signs and symptoms of dog poisoning and how to look after a dog to protect them from poisoning.
Cause of Poisoning in Dogs
- The symptoms of poisoning depend upon the substance which your dog has eaten, but there are some clear signs of poisoning which occur frequently and for which you should remain attentive. There are almost 3 forms of Canon poisoning which are following
- By mouth: when a dog eats a toxic product or he is suffering from the food poisoning.
- Topically: the substance which causes the adverse reaction or intoxicates the animal when comes into contact with skin.
- Through Breathing: when a dog inhales a poisonous chemical or a substance which is bad for dogs health.
- The first step, you have to make sure that your dog is not suffering from the food or plant poisoning, in case you know what type of poison your dog has eaten then it will become easier for a vet to treat your pet.
- We recommend you to have basic knowledge of foods which are poisonous or toxic to your dog as well as the plants which are dangerous for your pet.
- If you find out your pet has eaten any of these substances which are mentioned below then we recommend you to take your pet to vet immediately because these substances are poisoning. Most common toxic products for dogs are
- Dairy products chocolate
- Aloe Vera
- In case from last 12 to 14 hours you have applied any product or cream of human use on the skill of your dog and you are not sure that it is appropriate for the pet or not, then you must see the area where you have applied the product.
- In case the area where you applied the product is swollen or red or have Rash, then it is possible that this product has poisoned your pets. In this case, take your pet to a specialist. Symptoms of poisoning in dogs are following
- Excessive drooling
- Difficulty in moving or walking
- Difficulty in breathing
- Lack of appetite
- Rash on skin marks
- Confusion, apathy
- In case you’re pet shows these symptoms then it is possible the presence of other serious condition like distemper.
- If you have any doubt that your dog has eaten any substance in your home or in the street which has poisoned your dog then you must immediately take your pet to a specialist.
- It is observed that many people which are jealous of you or your pet will intentionally feed your pet a poisonous substance. The more common poison used by these people are rat poison, your pet can also eat this product if it is in there reach or they find it in your home. if your dog eats this kind of poison then they will show the following symptoms.
- Limb paralysis
- Loss of appetite
These symptoms take up two to seven days to show their effect, therefore you must take your pet two a vet, if you suspect your dog has eaten a rat poison then you must get a urine analysis.
Look After Your Pet
- Whenever you feed your dog you must consider the age of your pet and give them food according to there age so that you do not overload them and they get the necessary food they require.
- You must clean your pets area where they sleep at least once in a weak so that they do not get dirty and disease.
- You should try to avoid creating anxiety in Basset Hound as they have very quite anxious character and they are prone to bark frequently, Do not leave your dog alone. Therefore, it is best if you have children’s at home who can play with them when you are not at home.
- You can take your pet to vet and get a chart of food and feed your pet accordingly which strengthens your pet’s fur.
- We recommend you to take your pet for a walk in the garden which has a lot of space so that you can take off the leash from your pet.
- You can use a dryer after giving a bath to your pet but make it sure your pet does not afraid of it, otherwise, you can use a towel to dry your pet.
- You must give plenty of fresh water to your dog after exercise because it feels thirsty after exercise, if you do not give water to your dog it can cause dehydration in your pet and your dog can go fatally which is dangerous therefore always give fresh water to your pet.
- Always give a good and comfortable shelter to your dog so that he can live in it happily, you can also include a large durable dog bed, dogs paw on the pet constantly to get comfortable.
- This article is only based on providing basic information, Tryarticles does not have any authority or responsibility to prescribe any medicine or treatment we strongly recommend you to take your pet to vet in case of any type of pain or condition your dog to have.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily