The normal temperature of an adult dog is between 38º and 39.2º C (100º and 102.5º F). As like humans if the temperature of your dog is above the average it means your dog has the fever. The dog’s fever can occur due to some diseases of viral nature, such as parvovirus. dogs fever can also occur due to cold or can be a symptom of hyperthermia.To keep your pet healthy the dog’s fever should be reduced to a normal level.
Simple Methods to lower your dogs fever
- The first thing you need to do is to check either your dog has the fever or not. Your work starts once you found out your dogs fever. The best way to lower your dog’s fever is to do it with natural remedies when your dog hasn’t been treated properly.
- During the dog’s fever, try to keep your dog well hydrated throughout the entire fever. Make them drink more and more water but if they don’t, then make some chicken broth.
- Make sure to separate the chicken bones as they can be harmful to the pet. Bowl of water should be placed near your pet so they don’t need to travel far in the fever.
- For your dog to gain its strength back during fever, feed them with food that is high in calories and nutrients. Feed them wet food like chicken or beef broth or canned food if they are refusing to eat solid food.
- Another natural way to lower your dog’s fever is to cool them down by using water. Soak a cloth or sponge in water and rub in on the skin and fur on their abdomen, groin, and armpits to cool them down.
- Do not forget to dry the areas on which you have used the cloth, you can dry the areas by using a hairdryer.
- In case your dag has a very high fever than most used home remedies to lower dogs fever is to wash your dog in the slightly warm water for two minutes.
- You should make it sure that you should not wash your dog more than two minutes because it will cause dogs organism fight against the stimuli which are produced by the water, which causes an increase in temperature even more. Notice you should not wash your dog in the cold water to lower dogs fever.
- If you follow these measure it will help to reduce the dog’s fever in case you cannot immediately take your dog to vet.
- if above-mentioned home remedies do not work for your dog in lowering temperature then another option is to place ice packs on the back legs and head for few minutes.
- We recommend you that do not keep your dog wet for a long time otherwise your dog’s condition gets worse.
- if your dog still has a fever after 24 hours you should immediately consult a veterinarian doctor for the proper checkup and to know the cause of the fever. In case your dog suffers from bacteria then the doctor will prescribe your dog antibiotics which lower dogs fever.
- Follow directions of your veterinarian very strictly and make sure that you complete the whole course of treatment, if you do not complete entire course then it can cause the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- In case your dog has a consistent fever then it is the symptoms of valley fever mostly it occurs in the areas where this kind of infection is widespread.
- The dog’s strength not only depend upon them but a good diet also helps in preventing bad breath, therefore, it is recommended always buy premium brand food for your pet which contains all necessary ingredients like nutrients and vitamins.
- You must make a plan for your puppy meal and should follow that plan throughout the day when a dog reaches an adulthood stage lower there meal.
- This article is only based on providing basic information, Tryarticles does not have any authority or responsibility to prescribe any medicine or treatment we strongly recommend you to take your pet to vet in case of any type of pain or condition your dog to have.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit www.Tryarticles.com