What Does ROFL Stand For?: The short form used for rolling on the floor laughing, ROFL or ROTFL. It is used to express that you are chuckling so hard that you are rolling on the floor. ROFL is used in a content discussion.
Users have also expanded this short form into various terms. This overview could be reached out into different varieties; in any case, these are the more used variations. Here is all that you need to know about ROFL.
Origin Of The ROFL Expression
ROFL is has originated from LOL and it has a variation LMAO. LOL is a long-term that originates before the World Wide Web. Indeed, even before the main site pages of 1989, LOL was found on early internet locales in UseNet and TelNet.
As indicated by one client, LOL showed up in the mid-1980s on a BBS (Bullet Board System) internet webpage called “Viewline”. This BBS was out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada and the client who made LOL was Wayne Pearson.
The ROFL acronym, like LOL, LMAO, PMSL and many other online languages is a piece of online discussion. Slang language is a way for people to fake social personality through funny discussion.
Instructions To Capitalize And Punctuate These Abbreviations
Capitalization is a non-concern when using instant message short-forms. You are welcome to use all capitalized (for example ROFL) or all lowercase (for example rofl). Don’t use whole sentences in capitalized because that implies yelling in online talk.
Proper punctuation is not necessary with most instant message shortened forms. For instance, the shortening for “Too Long, Didn’t Read” can be shortened as TL;DR or TLDR. Both are ok with or without focus.
Never use full stops between your language letters. For instance, ROFL could never be spelled R.O.F.L and TTYL could never be spelled T.T.Y.L. This does not give a good texture to your text.
Ways For Using Web And Texting Jargon
Realizing when to use language in your text is tied with knowing who your group of audience is. In case it is an informal conversation then you can use abbreviations.
If you are starting an expert association with the other people, then it is not good to use abbreviations. You can use abbreviation until you have built up relationship compatibility. If the messaging is with somebody at work, or with a client then stay away from these abbreviations.
- “ROFLOL – Rolling on the floor laughing out loud.”
- “ROTFLOL – Rolling on the floor laughing out loud.”
- “ROFLAPMP – Rolling on the floor laughing and peeing my pants.”
- “ROFLMAO – Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.”
- “ROFLMAOASTC – Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off and scaring the cat.”
- “ROFLMAOAY – Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off at you.”
- “ROFLMAOWTIME – Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off with tears in my eyes.”
- “ROFLSHTMNCPAIHDHMWMLAI – Rolling on the floor laughing so hard that my neighbors called the police and I had to have a meeting with my landlord about it.”
- “ROFLCOPTER – An obscure method of laughing at something or someone, often associated with laughing over and over or non-stop. It is also associated with any ASCII drawn helicopter that contains ROFL as its blades.”
There are many websites from where you can find different acronyms like visit Acronym Finder.
I hope you like my post about “What Does ROFL Stands For?”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit: