Evil Eye Curse is defined as a look directed at a person out of hate or jealousy to inflict harm, suffering or some form of bad luck that can result in misfortune, disease or severe injuries even death. It is a kind of negative energy that one can feel right away after being looked upon. The strong signs and symptoms of evil eye curse are discussed below.
History Of Evil Eye Curse
The evil eye is a specific type of magical curse and is strongly linked with fantasy and myths. Let’s say that a person experiences any unexplained tragedy. Before the invention of scientific theories, any bad event that happened without an obvious cause was blamed on magical curses including the evil eye. These curses are an answer to the age-old question of why bad things happen to good people.
Eyes are said to be the gateway to a person’s soul. Glaring can convey power and authority to one another. Belief in the power and potential of the eyes is so mighty that any eye disorder and ailment has come to suggest some sort of evil and hatred. In ancient history, children, babies, and attractive individuals were especially said to be harmed by the evil eye.
In many countries, including Greece, Romania, and India, complimenting and admiring a child publicly was sometimes prohibited as people thought that the compliments given will draw the attention of the evil eye and harm the individual. In order to avoid the evil eye, parents of a recklessly praised child used to ask the person who gave the compliment to immediately spit in the child’s face in order to keep away the evil.
Symptoms Of Evil Eye Curse
There can be a number of symptoms for the evil eye. Some are listed below:
- If a particular member of the family suffers from chronic illness the reason could be very well due to evil eye of neighbors or relatives.
- Frequent illness and loss of appetite for cows, dogs, lambs and other livestock.
- If your business is running a bad patch and not getting the deserved success in business, then it might be due to the evil eye of your business competitors.
- If the valuable things in your house are getting lost or broken quite often, It may be due to evil eye of a person who is envious of luxurious items in the house.
- The evil eye can affect your newborns. If someone visits your house and your newborn catches a fever or starts to get ill, it could be due to the evil eye of the visitor.
- Misfortunes, Bad luck, loss of fortune and jobless situation. These are some of the common evil eye effects.
- If you are a public speaker and are you suffering constant throat problems, then this might be due to the evil eye.
- There are evil eyes which can cause problems between spouses. If you encounter regular fights in your house, this might be because of evil eye of someone jealous of your happy family.
- If you are having difficulty in learning things and cannot study like before, this could also be due to evil eye of someone jealous of your intelligence.
Protection From Evil Eye Curse
The best way to deal with the evil eye is to avoid it in the first place. It is believed that beads, hand gestures, sayings, and amulets may help to ward off a dangerous gaze. Amulets and jewelry can be worn to deter the evil eye, often using the color blue and an eye symbol.
Besides the use of evil eye amulets, the Greeks would also carry the cross as a defense. New mothers were advised to keep objects under their pillows which included red, black or white strings, a nail, gunpowder, bread, salt, garlic, a ring, indigo blue, or a pair of silver buckles. Each of these objects held a specific meaning which made it a good shield against the evil eye.
Is Evil Eye Curse Just A Myth?
The myth of the evil eye seems to make a lot of sense in the present-day. It is a known fact that too much fame, good luck, success or praise can ruin one’s status and prosperity. Therefore, those most often in the spotlight, such as celebrities or those with success or reasons to be proud should probably carry with them the evil eye amulet or a jewelry to ward off the envious eye.