German Shepherd Pitbull Mix: A Complete Owner’s Guide & Breed Info
German Shepherd Pitbull Mix: German and Pitbull two of the most usually misjudged dog breeds out there. This mix unique breed is known as “Shepherd Pitt” or “German Pit” also “Sheppit”. German Shepherd is crossed with American Pitbull to deliver this unique breed.
German Shepherd and Pitbull are recognized for their bad and aggressive mood. So, their mix-breed inherits too. We will discuss the personality, appearance, health, and traits of this hybrid. Yet, always check German Shepherd Pitbull Mix is the match for you and your family.
This article is a complete owners guide to learn about the mix unique breed of Pitbull and German Shepherd.
German Shepherd Pitbull Mix
Their strong personality than other classes can be playful, loving with the appropriate training and ambiance. The unique hybrid breed is not recognized by any major kennel, there are a few recognized breeders.
- It is a mix breed type.
- A great companion. Guard dog. Both the parents are working dogs. Hybrid does need an outdoor space to release energy. It can walk at least one hour a day, sometimes the second walk of at least 30 minutes.
- Suitable for an experienced owner.
- Female size 17 inches to 24 inches. Male size varies from 18 inches to 26 inches.
- Female weight from 30 to 70 lbs. Male weight from 40 to 90 lbs.
- 10 to 12 years of lifespan.
- They are loyal, loving, intelligent and energetic. They can be aggressive too.
- Their color varies from Black, Fawn, Tan.
- High mental activity.
- They might get skin allergies like Atopic Dermatitis and Canine Hip Dysplasia.
- Female calorie intake from 900 to 2100 per day.
- Male calories intake from 1200 to 2700 per day.
- Demand is failing as a result of limitations on Pitbulls.
A female German Shepherd is in heat and mates with an American Pitbull and reproduces the unique breed.
In 1899 a German herding dog was introduced. They are hard-working, intelligent, with an aggressive strong personality. They are police and army dogs.
In early 1800 Pit Bulls were first bred from Old English Bulldogs in the United Kingdom. They soon gained popularity in America when they were introduced. They are fighting dogs. Later with the right training, they became nanny due to their soft attitude.
In 2000, the first Origin of the mix unique breed emerged in the U.S.
The German Pit has a muscular body that is covered with a thick coat depending on the genes. The coat is generally inherited by Shepherd or Pitbull. Their fur is tan with a black saddle. Other than that they can be Fawn or black.
They are tall and strong inbuilt. Their face matches Pitbull parent with a large head, bent ears, and short muzzle. Sometimes they can have longer snout-like German. It varies on Puppy.
The appearance of Mix breed vary greatly and each offspring may have a vast range of different looking puppies. But they are all solid, strong and large.
This mix breed doesn’t have any extra requirements. Bathing and nail trimming should be done as needed. If your puppy’s coat is like German Shepherd then brushing is important. If it is like Pitbull then regular brushing is not necessary.
Dental check-ups and other routine check-ups are required.
The parents are intelligent, hard-working, loving and aggressive. To control aggression it is important to be trained under experienced owners. Ensure to provide adequate training to tame them for socializing.
Introduce your puppy to children and teach them the behavior to treat your pet. They will be fine if they have released their energy. They won’t take up annoying behaviors such as chewing or barking.
They are not suitable to be kept in a small apartment as they are highly energetic.
A balanced diet is the most important thing to consider as they are active breed. A proper amount of calories and protein in taking is crucial. Diet is dependable on age, size, gender and activity level.
A male Sheppit requires an amount of around 12,00 to 27,00 calories. Whereas, A female Sheppit requires an amount of around 900 to 21,00 calories. It is recommended to feed them special formula high-quality dry grain diet designed for a large and active breed.
It is obvious the breed needs a lot of kibbles, so it is suitable to split the meal. Though for puppies split meals into 2 or 3 meals a day.
Sheppit breed’s life span is up to 12 years. The breed can suffer from the following diseases:
- Skin irritation: They tend to have sensitive skin. So, they are allergic to insect bites as well on ticks and flea. Diet is important Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids help improve the health of your dog’s skin and coat while reducing infection.
- Hip Dysplasia: It is a disease that might begin in dogs as they grow results in an unbalanced or loose hip joint. Weight management is fundamental for any dog breed, it is very important that this breed keeps a healthy weight to avoid such diseases.
Disadvantages and Advantages
Here is a quick outline before considering to buy a Shepherd Pitbull Mix.
Disadvantages of German Shepherd Pitbull Mix
- Parent breeds are likely to be aggressive
- Not friendly with strange dogs
- Need expert training and socialization
- Likely to get diseases.
Advantages of German Shepherd Pitbull Mix
- Intelligent, Active and Fun
- Very loyal
- Great guard dogs. They are great Nanny dogs too if properly trained.
- Not as expensive as other unique hybrid dogs.
Other than the pros and cons there are some other points to check before owning a dog.
- Are you an expert dog owner?
- Are you ready to provide precise and dedicated training?
- Are you devoted to walking your dog at least an hour a day?
- Do you have a large house with a garden, or can you walk her two times a day?
If you are such a person with above capabilities then you’re likely ready. Otherwise, you should look for another breed.
To find quality German Shepherd dogs visit geliebteshepherds.com. I hope you like my post about “German Shepherd Pitbull Mix”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit:
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!