How to Get Rid of Burn Stains on Clothes – Tips and Home Remedies
When we wash clothes, only stains take time to remove otherwise washing is not a very difficult task. Burn stains should be removed properly. Stains have many substances in them which when combine with the material of fabric makes the stain stronger and tough to remove. We often go mad while removing such tough and critical stains, they took so long to leave the garment or sometimes they leave a permanent stain on the garment.
Have you ever stained your garment with the iron? When we leave the iron on our garment for a little longer, the iron leaves a brownish burn mark on them. Which seems hard to remove but it is not impossible. To get rid of those burn stains on clothes you should learn some effective and easy home remedies and tips. So, here on vequill.com, we are providing you with some many efficient and easy tips on How to get rid of burn stains from clothes without damaging them.
Things required to get rid of burn stains on clothes
- White vinegar
- Nail file
- Ice cubes
- Liquid detergent
- Lemon juice
- Hydrogen peroxide
Steps to follow to get rid of burn stains on clothes
- If you deliberately stained your garment with burn stains from iron, then you should need to act as fast as possible to get rid of burn stains. The first thing you should do is to quickly take away the garment from the iron which has caused burn stain.
- Before washing the garment as you normally do you have to follow steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, wash the garment with plenty of Luke warm water having liquid detergent in it.
- You should use liquid detergent, not a powder one, if you want to use powder detergent then you should mix it with little water to make a thick paste.
- Rub the stain on cloth with liquid detergent using a soft bristle brush, this will helps the stain to leave the garment soon.
- You can also put the fabric in mild bleach, not every fabric resist bleaching action like we do not use bleach on wool and silk. So if you don’t know about the material of fabric you should avoid this step or you must read the tag attached to the cloth before treating it with any cleaning products.
- If you do this process then do not apply bleach directly on the fabric, always mix it with water. Then leave the garment in a bleach solution for 4-5 minutes.
- After this method, you should wash the garment as you normally do in the washing machine. Put the stained garment in the machine on one washing cycle.
- After that do not spin, allow the garment to dry in sunlight.
- Another home remedy is to use hydrogen peroxide, take soft cotton cloth, wet it with hydrogen peroxide. Put the stained garment on a flat surface.
- Now place that wet cloth over stained garment and then place two layers of dry cotton cloth on the top of the wet cloth. Now heat the iron on medium temperature and place it over the cloth.
- If the wet cloth becomes dry then again wet it with hydrogen peroxide and repeat the process. The heat will allow the burn stain to leave the garment easily.
- You can also use lemon juice to get rid of burn stains on clothes. Apply lemon juice on the stain for some time, and then put the stained garment in the bowl with Luke warm water. Let the garment sit in water for 15-20 minutes then leave it to dry in sunlight. You will notice that the stain has left the garment.
- Do not try this remedy on clothes which are made up of woolen or silk. As lemon has a bleaching effect, so lemon can cause damage to them.
- You can also use white vinegar to get rid of burn stains on clothes. For this take soft cotton cloth dipped in white vinegar. Now apply this on stained area, and gently rub the stain for some time then leave it to sit for 10-15 minutes. Then wash it with plenty of water and allow it to dry in sunlight. Vinegar means white vinegar only not any other type of vinegar.
- Burn stains are often treated with cold or freezing water, so for this put the garment in a sink having cold or freezing water, the water should be freezing so you can also put ice cubes in it. Another way to keep it chilled is to put the garment in a bowl in the freezer for few minutes. Then wash the garment as you regularly do in a washing machine or by using hands.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit www.Tryarticles.com