Getting rid of food coloring on the skin is really tough. Food colors are great to use, using them needs great creativity. They are of different colors, blue, green, yellow and orange. You can use food colors in different dishes or baking also, mix them in your dough and they leave your hands with their colors. Other than food, you can also try different experiments by using them. You can dip dye your hair if you want light blue hair or green hair you can use food coloring. So, it’s really fun using food colors with your kids in a kitchen or in different experiments.
Food colors are safe for you and for the health of your family. Food colors if deliberately spills on your hands, they are very hard to remove from the skin. So always try to wear gloves while using them. If you often use food colors and face this difficulty while removing them from your hands then here on vequill.com, we are providing you some many simple and easy tips on How to get rid of food coloring on skin.
Things required to get rid of food coloring on skin
- White vinegar
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Paper towel
- Cotton balls
Steps to follow to get rid of food coloring on skin
You should follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of food coloring on skin:
Using white vinegar and baking soda
So we will use baking soda and white vinegar to get rid of food coloring on the skin, as you all know baking soda and white vinegar works very effectively in cleaning household. When we use baking soda and white vinegar together they both work magically. White vinegar and baking soda are two natural disinfectants also; they can clean and sanitize almost everything.
- The first step you should do is to remove all the excess of food coloring from our skin by wiping it off using a paper towel.
- Secondly, dip a paper towel into the white vinegar, and then clean your hands with it properly by rubbing the paper towel gently on the stained part of your hands.
- When you will perform the above-mentioned step, keep changing the paper towel, as it gets the food color on it. By doing this you will also get to know that how much food color is removed from your hand and how much is still left.
- Now take baking soda, put little amount of water in baking soda and prepare a thick paste of these two ingredients after cleaning your hands with white vinegar.
- Now apply this thick paste of baking soda and water on the stained part of your hands or skin, rub the paste on the skin with gentle hands and then wash it with white vinegar.
- The last thing you should do is to wash your hands with runny water, and then we will recommend you to repeat the process if the food coloring is still on your skin.
Using toothpaste to get rid of food coloring on skin
- Did you know about the cleansing effect of toothpaste, toothpaste is a natural cleanser. You may don’t know but your elders must have used it more than one time in their lives.
- The first thing you should do to get rid of food coloring on the skin is to wash your hands with liquid detergent soap and Luke warm water. Rub the stained part of your hand with soap so the good leather should be appearing.
- Now on wet hands, apply a little amount of toothpaste on stained part of your skin and try to rub the skin in gentle circular motions to get rid of food coloring on the skin.
- Another thing you can do is to, apply some amount of toothpaste on a washcloth and then try to rub the washcloth on your hands having stains of food coloring. Rub washcloth on your hands for few minutes.
- While rubbing toothpaste on your hands if the paste starts to dry, then splash little amount of water on hands and then start the process of rubbing.
- After some time you will notice that the food colors are starting to fade from your hands, then wash your hands with Luke warm water and soap.
- Repeat this process if you feel so because food colors are very stubborn they did not go away quickly so repeat this process 2-3 times.
Rub alcohol to get rid of food coloring on skin
- Acetone and alcohols work very effectively when it comes to removing stains, they both work very effectively and efficiently and removes almost all the stains very quickly. So, we will use alcohol to get rid of food coloring on the skin.
- Bring some rubbing alcohol for this process. You may have also used thinner or acetone for removing such stubborn stains but acetone makes skin dry which is not really good for children or for people having sensitive skins.
- Dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and then apply it on the stained part of your hands with food colors.
- Now start rubbing the cotton ball on your hands having food coloring, and you will notice that most of the loose color will remove by alcohol. Pigments in food colors also dissolve quickly when you rub alcohol on it. So this method will remove the entire food coloring from your skin so quickly.
- Keep changing the soaked cotton balls, so in this way, you will get to know that how much color is removed from your hands and how much is left on your skin.
- Now wash your hands with soap and Luke warm water, if your skin is still stained with food colors then rub more alcohol on your skin and then again wash with soap and water. Then dry your hands using an old towel.
- Repeat the process if you feel so if your skin starts feeling rough or dry then you can repeat the process after some time.
- Alcohol makes your skin dry and patchy so try to moisturize your skin using lotion. Apply a thick layer of hand lotion after performing this process.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily.