Golden Retriever is one of the most lovable family pet if you are planning to breed your dog to bring more puppies in the house or you are confused about your pet is pregnant or not? Then do not worry we are here to help you. The number of average puppies Golden retriever can give is eight but there are many factors which affect the number of puppies golden retriever can give.
Signs of Golden retriever pregnancy
If you are confused whether your dog is pregnant or not then you should look out for symptoms which we are going to tell you to know if your pet is pregnant or not. Remember it is important for you to be there for your pregnant pooch. The gestation period of dogs is 63 Days and it is quite similar to the changes which occur during the pregnancy of a human female. Symptoms of Golden Retriever pregnancy
- Weight Gain
- Reduce Appetite
- More affectionate
- Vaginal discharge
- Enlargement of nipples
- The first noticeable sign of your pregnant pet is that it loses weight in two weeks of its pregnancy, but you should not be worried as she will get its weight back soon.
- In the early days of dogs they become lazy and sleep a lot, they do not want to exercise. In the pregnancy, Golden Retriever dogs become very affectionate.
- The Nipples of your pet gets enlarged in the halfway of there pregnancy and in the last few days, you can observe the leakage of milk this is the indication that soon you will have more Golden Retriever puppies and make preparations accordingly.
- As the pregnancy period of your pet increases, you can observe the vaginal discharges of your pet and this usually occurs after 1 or 2 months of pregnancy. The color of discharge is milky and clear if you observe the discharge color pink or bloody then immediately take your pet to vet.
Factors influence Golden Retriever litter size
- There are a number of factors which influence the size of a golden retriever litter for example if the mother of your dog has large litter size then it is possible that your pet also has a large number of litters.
- Age of the golden retriever is an important factor like when dogs are older they usually have small litter size and when they are 4 to 6 years old they have a tendency to give a large number of litters.
- Size of a dog is another important factor which influences the litter size as a golden retriever is considered to be a large breed, therefore, the litter size of a golden retriever is considered to be large too.
- The physical condition of the dog has also an important factor if your dog’s condition is good it is considered the number of litter size is large as compared to the ill dog.
- Diet of the dog is also another important factor which you should keep it in mind if you feed your dog good, healthy, nutritious food then it will increase the chances of a maximum number of Golden Retriever litter size.Litter size of a pet is also determined by the dog which you choose to breed your pet.
Number of Golden Retriever Puppies
Golden Retriever can give 8 Average number of puppies, although their litter size can vary from 4 to 8 puppies. One of the best methods you can do for the preparations is to take your pet to vet and ask him to estimate the number of puppies, Vet doctor can X-ray your pet and tell you the number of puppies he can also give you guidance on what to do during your pet’s pregnancy.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit www.Tryarticles.com