Homemade Hair Gel: There is a variety of hair gels available in the market, the difference between them is the ingredients and price. Hair gels make our hairs tough, and help us to create the hairstyle.
However, there is a variety of styling gels available in the stores which contain hormone-disrupting fragrances. Instead of buying expensive hair gels from stores and brands you can make your homemade hair gel. It is super easy and cheap to make homemade hair gel, you just need 3 simple ingredients.
Over the years I have tried a combination of various ingredients to make homemade hair gel. I figure out three best homemade hair gel recipes. Flaxseed recipe best and strongest in term of holding hairs. Gelatin is medium and aloe vera is lightest. All these recipes work perfectly for me.
Flaxseed Homemade Hair Gel Recipe
Flaxseed is rich with nourishing nutrients such as Vitamin B1, omega 3, copper manganese, magnesium, fiber, selenium, and various amino acids. These characteristics of Flaxseed helps to create strong hair gel. Given below is the list of ingredients you will need to create hair gel.
- Distilled water 3/4 cup
- One tablespoon plus 1.5 teaspoons flax seeds
- Essential oil up to 24 drops
- First of all, you need to place water and flax seeds in a pot.
- Then boil the mixture of water and seeds on the stove.
- Low the heat temperature and allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now, line a mesh sieve with cheesecloth.
- After 10 minutes remove the pot from the stove.
- Now pour the liquid in a bowl by using cheesecloth.
- Once the liquid has filtered through cheesecloth then bring the corners of the cheesecloth together and lift it up.
- Now, Squeeze the cheesecloth so that remaining gel drops in the bowl. (Note: Do not put your finger inside the cheesecloth because the liquid is very hot)
- After getting liquid, store it in airtight container in the fridge for 10 days.
Gelatin Homemade Hair Gel Recipe
Gelatin is an orderless substance and contains the keratin proteins. Keratin proteins help to strengthen the hairs. Gelatin is especially used to repair the damaged areas. It helps to give smoothness and shine to hairs. It also helps to reduce breakage.
The amount of gelatin in this hair gel recipe is small. So, that it won’t cause any issue if you use the gel frequently. A high amount of gelatin can cause loss of hair flexibility. In case you observe this condition then I recommend you to change the recipe either with flaxseed or aloe.
- 1/2 or 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup of hot distilled water
- Essential oil up to 24 drops
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of gelatin for less hold and 1/2 teaspoon for stronghold.
- Mix the gelatin with hot water
- Use essential oils (Optional)
- Store the liquid in an airtight container in the fridge for 10 days.
Homemade Aloe Vera Gel Recipe
Aloe Vera is a beautiful plant and used as a hair moisturizer and scalp conditioner. Aloe Vera is also used in styling gel because of its amazing characteristics. You can buy Aloe vera gel online.
- Aloe Vera gel 1/2 cup
- 24 drops of essential oil
- If you are using essential oil, then add it to aloe vera gel and stir it.
- Now, place the homemade aloe gel in the airtight container.
- You can place this container on the shelf because the store-bought aloe is stabilised.
Aloe gel can last at room temperature for at least 3 months.
I hope you like my article about “Homemade Hair Gel Recipes” You can also visit other interesting posts like: