It is necessary to regularly exfoliate your lips to maintain healthy, safe, and smooth lips. Usually, our lips get dry on the cold weather, and when your lips get dry and chapped, they appear to flake and peel. A homemade lip scrub will help to soothe your lips and slough off dead and chapped skin from your lips as it helps to penetrate deeper into the skin.
The good news is that to get rosier and healthier lips you don’t need to purchase expensive lip balms and DIY lip scrub. We are here to provide you the easy lip scrub recipe which will be the best lip scrub DIY that you can make at home without spending much money because all the ingredients of this lip scrub are available at your home to make an effective homemade lip scrub.
How To Make Your Own Homemade Lip Scrub?
A person who is interested in making a homemade lip scrub should first know what are lip scrubs made of. Basically, there are two ingredients in the lip scrub, the first one is an exfoliant and the second is a nourishing agent.
The emollient or nourishing agent provides your exfoliator with a hydrating base which makes it easier to apply to your lips. These two go hand in hand to keep your lips moisturized and smoothed.
How Can I Exfoliate My Lips?
Following are the ways to exfoliate your lips:
- Make sure your lips are clean of make-up before deciding to start the exfoliation.
- Gently exfoliate your lips using a toothbrush or flannel to get rid of dead skin
- Use a moisturizer to help keep the air around you moist
- Use a lip balm with an SPF factor if you exfoliate in the morning, or try a moisturizing lip balm if you are going to exfoliate before going to bed.
What Are the Benefits of Exfoliation?
There so many benefits of exfoliating your lips as it keeps your lips healthy, fresh and pink, you need to exfoliate once or twice a week because it will maintain a soft, supple and healthy-looking lips. Let’s see the most common benefits one can get after exfoliating the lips:
- It will help in removing the dead and burn skin from your lips
- It will make your lips soft and smooth
- It will help in keeping moist of lips
- This will make your lipstick look better and it will stay in your lips for a longer time
- It will also help in preventing dehydration of the lips that can cause swelling, bleeding, and dryness in your lips.
The Easy Options of Homemade Lip Scrub
Now we will tell you how to make your own lip scrub, as there are a number of simple, easy and healthy exfoliation recipes for your lips that you can try at your home by using the ingredients that are already available in your homes and you don’t need to spend extra money on buying such things. Also, there exist many interesting ways to remove lip stains from clothes
Try Honey Sugar Lip Scrub
As we all have honey and brown sugar at our home. To make this recipe it is necessary to take brown sugar instead of a white one. Following are the steps you need to follow to make this DIY lip scrub:
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar
- Rub the mixture onto your lips and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture with the help of a toothbrush, gently rub wet toothbrush on your lips.
- It is a perfect moisturizing lip scrub when mixed with honey and sugar and honey are very effective natural exfoliant.
Try Coconut Honey and Sugar Lip Scrub
Organic coconut oil, organic honey, and brown sugar re the best mixture to make best lip scrub DIY, as all of these ingredients, are healthy and safe for your lips, to make this lip scrub you will be required 1 Teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon organic honey, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of lukewarm water and following steps you need to follow:
- Start by blending honey and coconut oil.
- Add brown sugar and a small amount of water to this blend.
- Apply the mixture on your lips for two to three minutes in a circular motion.
- Rinse with the help of water or can also use a wet toothbrush to rub it more while removing it.
Coconut oil contains antioxidants and fatty acids that nourish the skin while brown sugar acts as a natural exfoliator that helps in removing dead, dry skin. Honey is rich and contains natural properties for healing. One can also add lemon and turmeric powder in the solution if he or she wanted to bring back their original lip color or if their lips are becoming black.
Use a Mint Lip Scrub
Mint is also very effective to soothe your lips and when it gets mixed with coconut oil or olive oil it works really well to remove the dead skin. If you want your lips to look good then you should also remove your face fat. To make this scrub you are required to get 2 Tablespoons of olive (or coconut oil),2 tablespoons of sugar, 8-10 drops of peppermint (or essential oil for spearmint), 1/2 teaspoons of grapeseed oil. After that you are required to perform the following steps:
- Mix the sugar and the emollient you have picked.
- Blend and add 8-10 drops of peppermint oil. Alternatively, you can also use other essential oils such as spearmint.
- Grapeseed oil should also be added to the mixture (if you have).
- Apply the scrub to your lips, and massage it for a few minutes in circular motions.
- Remove this mixture after 10 minutes with the help of lukewarm water
Sugar acts as a natural exfoliant while peppermint oil helps to improve circulation of the blood in the skin, producing a “just bitten” effect that will make your lips look more round. This DIY sugar lip scrub on your lips will be also very relaxing and refreshing. Grapeseed oil is lightweight and it is filled with antioxidants that work to your lips as a wonderful natural moisturizer. One can also make a wax at home in very simple steps.
Try Cinnamon Lip Scrub
One can also try cinnamon lip scrub as it contains great healing properties. To make this scrub you need to take out 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1/2 teaspoon raw honey, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil after collecting all the ingredients you are required to perform the following steps:
- Mix ingredients together in a mixing pot.
- Try to blend them well.
- Use your fingertips to apply the scrub on your lips and it will gently slough the dead skin cells out.
- Keep scrubbing your lips for a few minutes after that wash it with warm water.
Cinnamon is known as a natural lip plumper, and this scrub is a foolproof method to accomplish soft and juicy lips that will have full pout without the lip injections. Cinnamon also serves as a natural exfoliator and immediately lets you achieve smooth, soft lips.
Try to make your homemade lip scrubs in small batches because they’ll stay fresh for about a week. Place the scrub in an old lip balm or any small jar, that should be clean and dry. It is recommended that the jar should be sterilized by leaving it in hot water for a short period to avoid germs.
Don’t over-exfoliate your lips. Use a toothbrush to exfoliate the lips gently in little circular motions. When your lips are sensitive, use the toothbrush of a small child to have the same effect without harming your skin. Reduce your lip exfoliation routine to once a week, as it will be enough to remove the dry skin and help keep your lips soft and juicy.
You May Also Like To Read: