Removing sweat smell in clothing is a very crucial task. As we all know that excessive sweating leads to nasty smell in clothes. You should always take precautionary measures to control excess sweating. As excessive sweating produces very bad and nasty smell from you and even from clothes which you are wearing. Your clothes always stink if they are full of sweat and not properly washed.
If a person sweats badly, then sweat also stays in the clothes especially in the armpit area of the garment it leaves a yellowish mark and smells very nasty.
You should use roll on, deodorants or speed sticks that control sweat. Even perfumed powders help you in summers to control excessive sweating. If you want to get rid of sweat smell in clothing you should try different and easy home remedies. If you are in public or in some one’s home and your clothes smell so bad because of smell, it gives a very bad impression. So, here on vequill.com, we are providing you some many easy and effective tips on How to remove the sweat smell in clothing without damaging them.
Things required removing sweat smell in clothing
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Liquid detergent
- White vinegar
- Empty spray bottle
- Lemon juice
- Soft cotton cloth
- Soft bristle brush
- Soft sponge
- Small container
Steps to follow removing sweat smell in clothing
- The first thing you should do for removing sweat smell in clothing is to act as quickly as you can. You need to act fast if you want to remove sweat smell from clothes. If you will act fast to treat the sweaty shirt, then surely you will be able to save the shirt from having a yellowish stain of sweat on it. So right after entering a home on hot summer days, first change your clothes and soak the shirt which you were wearing in water with liquid detergent and little amount of baking soda in it.
- After some time of soaking, take out the shirt and then wash it you regularly do in the washing machine or by using hands and you will notice that there is no sweat smell in the garment. There will be no yellowish sweat mark on the shirt also.
- As we all know baking soda is natural cleaning product and it is also a very effective natural disinfectant. So using it is very helpful in different households. Baking soda removes all the foul smell from the clothes.
- Another method for removing sweat smell in clothing is to use baking soda. For this, take water and baking soda and mix two ingredients with each other to make a thick paste. Then apply this paste on a shirt having sweat marks in armpits. Then leave the thick paste of baking soda and water on sweat stains for 4-5 hours. After that time take soft bristle brush, rub the affected part with soft gentle circular motions for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, rinse that garment with plenty of water and then wash the shirt as you regularly do in a washing machine.
- You can also put baking soda in a washing machine while washing clothes. Put a half cup of baking soda in washing cycle of a machine with clothes. All the bad smell from the clothes will be eliminated. Then allow your clothes to dry in sunlight. As sunlight is also very effective to remove all types of nasty smells from clothes, mattresses, carpets and many other home textiles.
If you want to read similar articles like “How To Remove Coffee Stains When You’re Not At Home?” then you should browse our Getting Rid of Stains on Clothes Category.
- Another very important product for removing sweat smell in clothing is to use white vinegar. Take an empty spray bottle; fill it with an equal amount of white vinegar and water. Mix both the ingredients well with each other. After that spray the solution of water and white vinegar on the sweaty areas of the shirt.
- Leave the solution on a shirt for 10-15 minutes and then wash it as you usually do in a washing machine. There will be no sweat mark or sweat stain remains in the garment.
- When we talk about vinegar for cleaning clothes, we always mean white vinegar. Other kinds of vinegar have color in them; if you will use colored vinegar in clothes then your clothes will absorb their colors and may damage them. So always use white vinegar, as it is natural cleaner and disinfector for clothes. White vinegar also softens the clothes as it is also used as a fabric softener.
- In addition to baking soda and white vinegar, lemon juice also helps to neutralize the effect of sweat in clothing. Lemon juice is also a very effective natural cleaner and disinfector for clothes. For this, take a small container, put lemon juice and water in equal amounts. Damp the soft cotton cloth in it and apply to the sweaty areas. You can also use a soft sponge for applying the solution of water and lemon juice on an affected shirt.
- Leave the solution on a garment for 10-15 minutes and then take soft bristle brush, rub it on the affected area in gentle circular motions for 2 minutes. Finally, rinse the garment with plenty of water and then wash it as you normally do in a washing machine or by using hands. Lemon juice will remove all the sweat smell, and as well as sweat stains from the garments very easily and in consuming less time. Lemon juice will also make the shirt bright and fresh for next wear.
- We will recommend you to fold clothes and arrange them in a cupboard right after washing and drying them to avoid rusty smell in them. Always dry clothes in sunlight on an airy place to remove all the nasty smells from them. If the clothes still contain sweat smell after washing then don’t put them in a dryer to make them dry, as the heat of the dryer will cause the smell to imprint on the clothes and later it will become a very tough task to remove them.
If you want to read similar articles like “How To Use Baking Soda For Stains?” then you should browse our Getting rid of stains on Clothes Category.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily.