Flannel sheets are best to use on winter nights, they give warmth feeling in cold nights of winter. Flannel sheets are often mixed with different fabrics like woolen, cotton and many others. When they are mixed with cotton they become very warm and soft that they become your favorite. So when something becomes your favorite then it’s your responsibility to take care of your favorite thing.
Washing flannel sheets are very important; they should be washed twice a month with great care. If you have children at your home and they create mess then you can also wash the flannel sheets thrice a month without damaging them. Winter sheets need extra care and protection because other fabrics are mixed with them.
So you should wash them and dry them properly to retain their original softness and appearance. So, here on vequill.com, we are providing you some many easy and effective ways on How to wash flannel sheets without damaging them.
Things required for washing flannel sheets
- White vinegar
- Special liquid detergent
- Washing machine
- Sunlight for drying sheets
- Flannel sheets
Steps to follow for washing flannel sheets
- Wash your flannel sheets in the washing machine on 60-degree temperature, if the sheets are new and colored then wash them on 40 degrees temperature and if the sheets contain delicate fiber like wool or silk then wash them on 30 degrees temperature. Always put the flannel sheets inside out in the washing machine so this method will not allow the lint to appear in the washing cycle.
- Always wash your sheets on a low temperature to avoid damaging them. Do not spin the flannel sheets so much as spinner can damage the sheets just wring them little and hang them in sunlight so let them dry properly. If the weather is not good outside and it’s a need to spin the flannel sheets then spin the sheets on gentle spin cycles.
- Flannel sheets are of different types, one can have embroidery and they can also contain frills as well. So flannel sheets contain embroidery and frills should be treated with extra care. We will recommend you to put them inside a net, and before putting the flannel sheets in washing machine put the whole net into the washing machine so the frill will not spoil and will not be tangled with other sheets.
- Do not wash sheets with other dirty garments; sheets should be always washed separately. Sheets need extra space while washing them so they should be washed properly in the washing machine. Always wash the sheets on low temperature. Daily laundry needs high temperature to get them clean properly, sheets do not want so much cleaning and washing.
- When you wash flannel sheets in the washing machine they always leave some traces of lint in the machine, so to get rid of that lint you should wash or rinse the washing machine and then put another load of sheets in the washing machine. In this way, the lint will not stick to your favorite flannel sheets again.
- While washing flannel sheets we will recommend you, not to use any kind of fabric softener for softening your sheets otherwise fabric softener can make small fiber balls which will stick to the sheets and could become very tough to remove later. Fabric softener could fill your sheets with lint traces and your sheets will automatically look older due to lint on them. So we will recommend you to use special delicate detergent for washing your flannel sheets.
- When you remove it from the washing machine after washing them, do not wring them so vigorously otherwise lines will appear on them which will look so bad when you will dress your bed. After washing flannel sheets just take them out from a washing machine and hang them straight under the sunlight and allow them to dry.
- If you want to spin them then almost on cool temperature or on very low, so they will not get damaged because of spin.
- Do not allow flannel sheets to hang under sunlight for so long period of time, direct sunlight can also result in fading of color or may damage the sheets. So after 2 or 2 ½ hours bring sheets in and fold them no creases will appear on the sheets, so you can save them for putting in a cupboard.
Using vinegar on flannel sheets
- You can make your flannel sheets last longer by using white vinegar. Before washing flannel sheets just put one cup of vinegar in the washer and then put your flannel sheets in them. Vinegar will prevent sheets from fading their color; vinegar will also remove all the foul smell from the sheets and will help to retain the original color of the sheets. White vinegar will help the sheets to look more whiten and fresh, it will give life to the sheets.
- Another method is to soak your sheets in vinegar for a whole night and then wash your flannel sheets next day as you regularly do in the washing machine by using delicate fabric detergent.
- When we talk about vinegar for washing we always mean white vinegar, if you will use colored vinegar for soaking sheets or other garments then the fabric will absorb the color of vinegar which is impossible to remove from the fabric. vinegar are of different types and have many uses but using white vinegar is always best.
- As we all know vinegar is not only used in the kitchen while making food, vinegar also has a strong cleaning power. You can clean almost anything by using a small amount of white vinegar. Vinegar is very effective and efficient to use for cleaning purposes. You can clean tiles, kitchen and washroom sinks, silver jewelry and many other things with white vinegar.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily