Homemade Shower Cleaner: Everyone loves a clean and bright shower and tub. Using chemical products and expensive cleaners doesn’t even give the full satisfaction of a clean shower.
Everyone hates the water and soap scum on their showers and tubs. When hard water is mixed with soap it leaves the unbearable hard layer on the sides of the shower. This layer of scum can be very difficult to remove with regular cleaning products.
We have tried out some natural ingredients to make a homemade shower cleaner. Homemade shower cleaner is the best option for the dirty shower. You would have an idea that what products you are using for making a cleaner.
1- Recipe of Homemade Shower Cleaner
So, homemade shower cleaner is indeed the best, the reasonable and safest option for cleaning a shower. Tubs and showers regularly collect water and soap scum. Then they develop a super-scum and cleaning that can be a very tough task.
Homemade and natural cleaners are amazing. They give brilliant results and you can make them easily at home using natural ingredients. In homemade cleaners, you know exactly what you are using in them and not exposing your kids to any harmful products.
Mentioned below is the easiest recipe of homemade natural shower cleaner. You can follow the recipe and can make your own cleaner at home.
Ingredients Required for homemade shower cleaner
- Spray bottle
- Liquid detergent
- White vinegar
How to prepare?
- To prepare this cleaner, you have to measure equal amounts of white vinegar and a liquid detergent separately. One or one and a half cup of each solution would be enough.
- Then you have to heat the vinegar in the microwave for a few seconds. After that pour vinegar in the spray bottle.
- Now put liquid detergent into the spray bottle having vinegar. Close the bottle and shake it gently to allow the two solutions mixed with each other.
How to use Homemade Shower Cleaner?
- Spray the cleaning solution around the shower or your tub. Let the solution sit for 40-50 minutes.
- After this time, start scrubbing your tub using net or sponge.
- Finally, rinse the tub with plenty of water and you will feel the difference.
Instructions to follow
When you plan to use this solution make sure that all the windows of your bathroom are open. The bathroom should be well ventilated because the smell of vinegar is so strong.
It is better to use a face mask while cleaning your shower with the solution. Some people cannot tolerate strong smells, so it’s better to be careful before using any of these cleaning products.
2- Recipe of Daily Tub Cleaner
Here is another recipe from which you can make a shower cleaner for everyday use:
- Half cup alcohol
- Half cup liquid detergent
- Half cup hydrogen peroxide
- Three cups of water
- Two teaspoons liquid jet dry
How to prepare?
You just have to mix all these ingredients in a spray bottle. Then shake all the ingredients well to prepare this spray.
3- Glass Shower Door Cleaner
Every recipe we have shared with you is suitable to clean glass shower doors. You just have to be very careful while cleaning the stains and scratches from the door.
Try to use a soft cloth or a soft sponge to clean the glass doors. Rough sponges and nylon clothes for cleaning the door can scratch them.
4- Cleaner for Counter-tops and Tubs
- One teaspoon Borax powder
- Half teaspoon Washing Soda
- One teaspoon liquid Castile Soap
- Few drops of orange essential oil
- Four drops of lavender essential oil
- Four drops of lemon essential oil
- Two Cups of Hot water
How to prepare?
You just have to put all these ingredients in a spray bottle and then shake it well. So, it will allow all the ingredients to properly mix with each other. You can use this liquid to clean almost everything.
5- Toilet Cleaner Recipes
- 1 can of coca-cola
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup baking soda
- Pour coca-cola can into the toilet. Then wait for 10-20 minutes to let it sit. After that time flush it.
- Then sprinkle baking soda in the toilet and pour vinegar over it.
- You can scrub your toilet if there are any stains. But scrub it when the mixture stops bubbling.
- After that flush, it again to see the final results.
Why Homemade Shower Cleaner?
A homemade cleaner is easy to make whenever you need to clean your shower. This cleaner works so well because vinegar and liquid soap both are cleaning products.
Liquid soap cuts the oils and grease from the shower or tub. Soap also helps the cleaner to be thick, so it clings to the surface and floor of your tub. It doesn’t run directly into the drain.
Liquid detergent has many uses same like white vinegar and other cleaning agents. It is best for cleaning toilets, kitchen tiles, and others.
Vinegar is used to eliminate the bad smell. It helps to remove stubborn marks and also dissolves tough scums. Vinegar adds shine and freshness to your tub, as it is a bleaching agent too. White vinegar has many benefits. It can be used for cleaning almost everything.
You can also use a little amount of white vinegar while washing your clothes. As it adds whitening and brightness to your clothes.
I hope you like my article about “Homemade Shower Cleaner” You can also visit some other interesting posts like: