In a society, we see how technology involved in our lives, we put our cell phones never more than arm’s length away. Our TV picks out the shows we want to watch, our vehicles take us to various destinations, so technology makes our life easy. In this article, we will discuss all the problems and their solutions that you can protect skin against technology.
Problem is that all these screens also damages our skin, as blue light emitted from these smartphones, tablets etc. Staring at mobile phones and laptops or computer screens for hours damage your eyesight also can disturb sleep patterns. Many of you even don’t know that blue light emitting from the screen can also take a toll on our skin.
You should avoid to constantly checking of your phone as this can lead to sagging skin, drooping jowls and creases above your clavicle bone. These symptoms appear in people as young as 18 years old and make them look much older.
How does Technology affect our skin?
High energy visible light known as HEV emitted from phone and computer screens can be quite damaging to our skin. According to research constant exposure to this light causes increased production of skin pigmentation, it can also cause blemishes and dark spots. UV light from the sun can affect your skin similarly you should stay away from electronic screens.
This blue light can also affect your sleeping pattern as it slows down melatonin production which makes you sleepy. If you want to improve your sleeping quality then avoid using computer, tablets, laptop or cell phone. Try to relax your mind with anything even by listening to some soft music or meditating.
Attention! You can also read a similar article like Simple makeup for Indian wedding guest
5 Easy Steps to Protect Skin Against Technology
Here I am providing some easy steps that you must follow in order to protect your skin against technology.
- Modify your screen’s settings.
- Stick with your sunscreen.
- Introduce antioxidants into your routine.
- Avoid social media on sunny days.
- Boost collagen with copper peptides.
Blue Light skin treatment!
Blue light therapy can be used for the treatment of different types of skin disorders, can be used to improve skin texture and reduce sebaceous hyperplasia. It can also help with removing sun spots, acne, and even scars that were caused by acne
Let’s discuss Photodynamic therapy in detail, it’s pros and cons and uses. So first of all we should understand what is Photodynamic therapy?
What is Photodynamic Therapy?
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a treatment that uses special drugs known as photosensitizing agents. In this treatment, it uses light to kill cancer cells. This drug only works after activation of certain kind of light, PDT also called as photo-radiation therapy or photochemotherapy.
In treatment process the photosensitizing agent put into the bloodstream through a vein or on the skin. Over a certain time drug absorbed by cancer cells then light applied to the area of treatment. This light causes the drug to react with oxygen to form a chemical that kills the cells.
Pros and Cons of PDT?
If you are looking for advantages and disadvantages for PDT then read some below points with focus. According to studies, it is helpful in cancer treatment so some advantages are:
- When used properly, It has no long-term side effects
- It’s less invasive than surgery
- It can be targeted very precisely
- Unlike radiation, PDT can be repeated many times
- There’s usually little or no scarring after the site heals
- It often costs less than other cancer treatments.
It also has some disadvantages or limitations like:
- PDT can only treat areas where light can reach
- PDT can’t be used to treat large cancers or cancers that have grown deeply into the skin as light can’t reach there
- Patients that uses PDT become very sensitive to light for some time
- PDT can’t be used to treat cancers that spread to many places
- It can’t be used in people who have certain blood diseases.
What are PDT Uses?
Now let’s discuss some uses of PDT, here you can read uses of PDT and these are:
- PDT can be used in people with certain types of cancer
- It is more valuable treatment for localized cancer
- PDT use for pre-cancer treatment.
How to Protect Skin from UV rays?
Follow below mentioned point so that you could protect yourself from UV rays:
- Seek shade
- Use sunscreen
- Protect skin with clothing
- Wear a hat
- Wear sunglasses that block UV rays
- Avoid tanning beds and sun lamps
- Protect children from the sun
- Sun exposure and vitamin D.
Arsalan Bin Ashiq
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!