Feeding dogs might look simple. You can ask for advice from a vet or a Dog Food Advisor on How Much Should I Feed My Dog. Discussing the diet plan with your vet can help you to determine the right amount your dog should eat. That is considerable for a dog owner.
Sadly there is no simple way to figure out the right amount of calorie intake by the dogs. To check the correct size for the meals taken by dogs depends upon the type of food they eat. Moreover, the number of times they eat, their breed, weight, activity time and metabolic rate.
For your information, the medium-sized puppies will be eating approximately 10% of his body weight at 2 months. The same dog will be eating 5% of his body weight by 6 months and 3% of his body weight by a year.
It is noteworthy to know How Much Should I Feed My Dog. For more information read the full article.
How Much Should I Feed My Dog
The best way to manage the feeding amount of a dog is by combining information with your knowledge of dog lifestyle. Look at the dog feeding guide, you can feed Mango to your Dog, it is rich in vitamins and safe to feed your dogs.
The recommended amount of meals for puppies to be fed is three or more times. Divide the number of calories for a day. Whereas, Adult dogs should eat two meals a day. This is a normal quantity to feed your dog unless stated otherwise.
For instance, if your dog is nearly inactive and weighs about a 35-pound toy breed. Also, if he has the potential to gain weight then it is recommended to start with 2 cups of food per day. In the case of hyperactivity with 35 pounds, you should feed a little more.
Keep a record of your dog’s health and food intake every 2 to 4 weeks. If your dog is gaining or losing weight inappropriately adjust the portion sizes then. Dogs with a healthy body in general have:
- Ribs that are not easily visible but can be felt with light pressure.
- An “hourglass” figure. The stomach should be narrow than the hips and chest when looking from above.
- “Tucked up” when looked from the side. The chest should be closer to the ground than his belly when standing.
Dog Feeding Charts
Dog food bags give an evaluation like 10-30 pounds dog feed half to 1 and a half cups. Such estimates are not much helpful. Dog food labels are confusing. In the mentioned measurement it claims the feed for an entire day but some owners could understand to give 1 and a half cups per meal.
Serving a lazy dog the maximum amount of food would lead to unhealthy weight gain. Whereas, an active dog who needs more calories should be fed a proper meal.
The mystery, “How many calories your dog needs?” needs to be solved. Though, the answer doesn’t come easily. Learn a few easy tips to make sure that your dog is getting the right amount of food, here are some key points.
- An adult dog should eat 2.5% of the body weight in raw dog food each day. But active dogs should be eating a little more.
For instance, A 7kg an active toy breed, 1% of his weight is 70g. Increase it by 2.5 that gives 175g per day raw dog food.
It does depend on meal either it is fatty or lean, but he won’t starve on it.
- Use the ” Cool Dog Food Calculator” App to check the right amount to feed.
- An active dog should be fed at least 3% of his body weight per day or higher calorie meal. You can choose red meat instead of white meat.
- An inactive dog should be fed a less calorie meal. Either feed him around 2.2% to 2.5% of his weight per day or feed him the same meal that is lean.
- Puppies eat a little more than their body weight. Pup of a medium-sized dog should eat 10% of his body weight at 2 months of age.
- An obese dog should be fed with low calorie and high fiber meals. Check your dog’s weight. Increase or decrease the calorie intake. If you have to decrease her intake and look like he can’t get full. Add a little water or even very-low-calorie veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, celery) in the meal.
We look after dogs’ mental and physical care. To check the right amount of calorie intake is also as important as other things. Whenever you change dog food you will have to go through this entire process again.
The Only Fresh Dog Food Proven Healthy by Testing In AAFCO Feeding Trials so visit there. They prepare meals made from human-grade ingredients approved by the USDA.
I hope you like my post about “How Much Should I Feed My Dog?”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit: