How To Change Language On iPhone? Sometimes we need to write a text in another language or we want to set our iPhone in our mother language.
Changing the language can make your task easier rather than struggling with autocorrect. You can make your phone multilingual.
In this article, we will provide you a detailed guideline on how to change the language on the iPhone. So, if you are interested to know how it works then read the article till the end.
How To Change Language On iPhone?
To change the basic language of your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings.
- Now choose General.
- Scroll down and select “Language & Region.”
- Next tap “iPhone Language.”
- Select the language from the list you want.
- Tap “Done.” After this, a window will pop up asking you to affirm the change in language.
- Confirm the change of language.
- For a few moments, your iPhone screen will go back in order to update the setting.
- You will get a message regarding the update of language in settings.
Toggle Between Languages On Your iPhone
You can communicate in more than one language by adding multiple languages to your iPhone even without changing the basic language of your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Now select Language & Region.
- Next tap on “Add Language”.
- Now add multiple languages to your iPhone.
After adding languages, apps and instruction will appear in your default language. Your keyboard will toggle between the selected languages. To avoid this, you can simply tap on the globe icon present on your keyboard and change the language of your keyboard.
While having multiple languages on your phone, you can have another option for changing the basic language of your iPhone.
- Select Language & Region menu from the settings.
- Next tap Edit in the upper right-hand corner
- Now tap and hold the three-bar icon present next to the language you want to make basic or primary.
- Drag the preferred language to the top of your list.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the change of language.
- After that, your phone will update your settings.
How To Change Siri’s Language?
When we change the language on our iPhone, the language of Siri does not change. However, you can change Siri’s language in order to speak and understand another language.
The language of Siri does not have to match the language settings of your phone.
- To change Siri’s language:
- Go to Settings and then “Siri & Search
- Click on the ASK SIRI menu and tap “Language.
- Choose a language and dialect from the list for Siri.
- After selecting the language, you can tap Siri Voice to choose a male or female voice.
It is worth telling here that once you have changed the language, your Siri command will change as well. For example, you will have to say “Dis Siri” in French rather than “Hi Siri” in English.
This is the easiest way to change the language of your iPhone and Siri as well. Now you can work on your phone more easily.
I hope you like my post about How to change language on iPhone. If you have any queries or want to share your opinion then write it down in the comments section.
We will be waiting to hear from you. You can also read: