How to change Minecraft username? A lot of people are struggling to change their Minecraft username once they create it. The good news is you can change your Minecraft username. However, there is some limitation to change your Minecraft username.
In this post, we will step by step guide you on how to change Minecraft username. We will also discuss the limitations of changing the Minecraft username.
How To Change Minecraft Username?
Follow the given below step by step guide to change your Minecraft username.
- First of all, you need to open this URL www.mojang.com in your web browser.
- Then click on the “Account tab” which is on the top right side.
- Once you click on the account button another page will open. Click on the “Login Link“. In case you are already logged in then skip this step.
- Then you have to enter your account details in the given fields. Give your valid “E-mail” address and “password” in the required fields.
- Once you enter your E-mail and password then click on the “Login button“. A green button just below the password field.
- Now, find the “Profile option“, located in the middle of the page.
- Now, click on the “Change” link that is available on the right of your current username.
- Now, you need to enter your username in the “New Profile name” area.
- Once you enter a new user name in the “New profile name” field, then press the “Check availability” button. If the entered username is not taken then it will turn “Green” which means you can use this name.
- On the other hand, if the color turns “red” then it means you can not use this username. You have to choose another name.
- In the “Password” field below the New profile name. Enter your password which you used to login to your account.
- Finally, click on the “Change Name” button. You will see the changes next time when you log in to your Minecraft account.
- You cannot change the username in console editions and Minecraft PE, because these versions use your Xbox Live or PlayStation Gamertag.
- You cannot change the username if you have created a new account in 30 days. After 30 days you can change the username.
- You are allowed to change Minecraft Username once in a month.
- Whenever changing your username make sure the new username which you choose is not Taken by anybody.
- Your name must be longer than 2 characters.
- You can only use a number, letters, and underscores.
- Changing your in-game username does not mean your Minecraft profile name also changes.
- If you want to use your old username after changing it. Then you can get your old username within 7 days. It means you have only one week to change your new username back to the old username.
I hope you like my article about “How to change Minecraft username” You can also read other interesting and informative posts like: