Delete Amazon Account: Some Companies make it difficult for customers to delete their account permanently, customers didn’t find the way to delete their account. If you are facing the same issue with the Amazon, don’t feel bad. In this article, you will find the way about “How to delete your Amazon account“.
You can’t delete Amazon account through your mobile phone App. Sadly, not all websites are created equal when it comes to breaking up, Some take few clicks to end with it, while some sites took time to delete your account permanently.
Why Delete Amazon Account?
Different people have different reasons for deleting their Amazon account. Maybe someone is moving to a country where Amazon doesn’t support shipping or maybe some other issues with Amazon’s policies. You can check the list of amazon global export countries.
Deleting your account is a better idea if you have of not using it for a longer time. As Amazon Account contains some Confidential information or data that you will never want to access by someone else, especially hackers. So it is better to remove it from the internet.
What Happens When You Delete Your Amazon Account?
Your Amazon account is shared crosswise Amazons websites, so if you delete your account, you will lose access to some sites such as Amazon.com and also some international stores like Amazon.co.uk. By deleting your account your Amazon Payment account will also be closed.
Make sure you understand what will happen if you delete your Amazon account. There are numerous services which are connected to your Amazon account, that will no longer work. You will lose access to many other digital contents also. Amazon will send you a list before you confirm the deletion of your account.
Take a quick tour of the following list of services which you will lose by deleting your account.
- You will lose discussion posts, reviews, and other social content.
- Your access to content in your Games & Software Library will be removed.
- You’ll lose access to your other Amazon accounts, including Audible.com and also your accounts on different country domains.
- You will not be able to use your Amazon gift cards or other vouchers.
- You will not be able to return or refund items ordered by the account you’re closing.
- You will lose access to digital content linked to your account, like digital music, Kindle ebooks, Amazon apps, and Prime video content.
You will have to contact the customer services team separately to remove accounts if you have Amazon web services or Kindle Direct Publishing account.
How To Delete Amazon Account
Below are the simple steps you need to follow in order to delete, remove or cancel your Amazon account permanently.
- Go To the Amazon Official Website, click on the sign-in, provide your email address and password then click sign-in button. If you are already logged in you will be redirected to your home page.
- You need to check first you don’t have any pending orders or transaction. If you have then you need to wait until they have been completed. If you want to cancel the pending orders then follow the below step.
- You need to click Orders at the top-right corner, Click open orders at the top page, click Cancel items and then cancel selected items on the right side of the screen.
- At the right bottom of the page in the Let Us Help You area click help.
- At the bottom of the “Browse Help Topics,” you will find Need more help, click on it.
- You will find Contact Us option on the top right side of the Browse Help Topics, Click on it.
- Click on the Prime or Something Else button, you will find this option at top-corner of the “What can we help you with?” area on the “Contact Us” page.
- Click on the please make a selection, this dropdown list box is located at the bottom of the screen, just below the “Tell us more about your issue“. By clicking on it a dropdown list will appear.
- Select the Account setting option on the dropdown list.
- In the second field, just below the Account setting field, Select Close My Account option from the dropdown list.
- After selecting both fields as described in the previous step, three contact options will appear. Email Chat Phone
- Select a contact option, depending on your selected option your next step will vary:
- E-mail – Provide the reason why you are deleting your account, then click Send E-mail.
- Phone – Type your phone number in the area provided next to the “Your number” heading, then click Call me now option.
- Chat – In this option, you need to Wait for a customer service representative to come online, then tell them that you want to close your account.
You can create an account with the same email address used before but all old information or data will not be stored. You have to start from scratch and all your previous digital content will not be restored.
There are many companies websites on which you can remove your account easily while on some you find it difficult to delete the account. Amazon is one of them, also you can’t delete your account through the mobile app.
People delete their account so that they didn’t need further and also to remove their important information from the site completely so that no one can access it.
By deleting your Amazon account, you will be blocked from many services affiliated with the Amazon website. Sometimes you need to also remove account separately on Kindle Direct Publishing account. You can create again a new account with the same email address but your last data will not be restored, they all are lost.
I hope you like my article about “Quick Way To Delete Your Amazon Account – Updated 2019” You can also visit some other interesting posts like “Do You Know Snapchat Emoji Meanings?😕 No! Let’s Find Out 😏“. For more related articles you may visit the “Technology” category at Try Articles. Please leave a comment below that how much you find this article helpful. You may also hit your queries in the comment section below if any.