The splits are the stunning show of workability and it is considered to be one of the best ways to stretch your body to gain tightness in your legs and hips. Splits are mostly used in every physical practice including martial arts, dance, yoga, and gymnastics.
People who do these physical practices very often tend to make it look easier than it actually is. If you have ever tried the splits and you have not been able to get all the way down, you might be wondering if you will get there.
It does not matter if you are not a gymnast, martial artist or yogi, you can still enjoy the stretching the advantages that you can get from being able to nail this awesome move. Here’s everything you need to know about the splits and how you can do them.
If you are looking for ways to lose weight quickly and easily then you should learn the best excercise techniques for burning Fat.
How Long Do You Expect The Splits To Show Results?
When we talk about splits, we know that there are two types of splits: Front splits and side splits which are also known as the right and left sides. You may notice that one side is easier than the other as it is different for everyone.
Today, we are going to have a look at the 5 basic stretches that you can try in your routine to see rapid improvement towards nailing your first splits. The results of the splits differ from person to person.
If you are close to getting the splits already, then you can be able to achieve it in just a few weeks after implementing these 5 moves. At any rate, you should expect it to take you at least a couple of months before you comfortably to do the splits.
One day or one week is not a realistic expectation of progress. Your muscles need time to stretch, recover and slowly adapt to the new demands. Don’t rush the process. When training for flexibility, patience is your biggest asset. Remain calm and wait for the results.
5 Easy Steps To Do The Splits
Do the stretch routine daily to start seeing progress, you may do it 3 to 4 times a week. Remember, that patience is the key and you will get the good results eventually.
60 Seconds Seated Forward Fold
- Sit on the ground and stretch your legs in front of you.
- Bend forward to grab your feet and bend your knees in a way that your chest reaches the top of the thighs.
- This is important because the gap between the legs and your torso will take the stretch away.
- Now gradually begin to straighten your legs, take a deep breath and maintain the contact between your thighs and torso.
30 Seconds Per Side Kneeling Hamstring Stretch
- Kneel down on one knee and take out the other leg in front of you.
- Square your hips to make sure you are twisted to the side.
- Lower your torso towards your front leg and place your fingertips on the ground on either side of your foot.
- Work the same as you did in the first stretch.
30 Seconds Per Side Deep Runner’s Lunge
- Begin with the lunge position with your front knee bending it at a 90-degree angle and your back leg straight.
- Lower your elbows to the floor on the inside of your front leg.
- Work to press your hips towards the ground and slide your back leg further back.
30 Seconds Per Side Lunging Quad Stretch
- Stay in the lunge position but lift your back foot and catch it with your opposite hand.
- Carefully pull your foot towards your hips until you feel stretch.
- Breathe deep and give time to your muscles to relax and lengthen.
30 Seconds Per Side Block Supported Splits
- Start in the kneeling hamstring stretch and place 2 yoga blocks directly under your front hamstrings.
- Slide your back leg back to straighten as much as you can.
- Reach your fingers to the ground and lean your torso forward to intensify the stretch.
- If you do not feel that you are ready to do the full splits, then continue to work on the 5 stretches paying special attention to those areas that need the most work. When you are ready to go for it, start with the block supported splits.
- Remove one block, then both, then slowly lower into the full splits by sliding your front heel forward and using your hands on the ground to guide you.
- Breath deep and focus on relaxation and muscle strengthening.
Keep in mind that doing the splits will take more than one or even a few practice sessions. If you are not able to do it in the first attempt be patient no worries, schedule it to your weekly routine. You will develop a habit then you can do it regularly.
You can also join beginner, intermediate and advanced Zen Yoga Split classes. I hope you like my article about ‘How To Do The Splits?’.
You can also visit some other interesting posts like “How to get rid of love handles?” For more related articles you may visit the ‘Beauty‘ category at Try Articles. Please leave a comment below that how much you find this article helpful. You may also hit your queries in the comment section below if any.