How To Get Rid of Flies? Homemade Fly Spray Recipe For Home and Animals
How To Get Rid of Flies? People buy expensive commercial fly killer sprays to get rid of them. The Commercial sprays are made of various chemicals that’s why many people get allergies from these sprays. The best way to get rid of flies is by using Homemade Fly Spray.
Making Homemade fly spray is very easy and cheap. Plus there are no side effects of using homemade spray. In this post, I will tell you different methods, ingredients, and procedure in detail to make a fly repellent spray.
No matter you got mosquitoes, horse flies, fruit flies or other flying insects use these simple home remedies to get rid of them. Now let’s dig into the methods without wasting further time.
Natural Homemade Fly Spray Repellent
This method is the simple and easiest way of making natural fly repellent. You can make this Fly Spray within no time.
- One Cup of White Distilled Vinegar
- One cup of Simple water
- One third (1/3) cup of Dish Soap
- Mix well all the ingredients.
- Now Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Your fly repellent spray is ready to use.
Homemade Fly Spray by using Essential Oil
In this home remedy, we use a lot of essential oils. This type of fly repellent spry smell great and work effectively.
- 4 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Oil (Canola, olive, or mineral oil)
- 1 tablespoon of dish soap
- 20 drops of basil oil
- 20 drops of peppermint oil
- 20 drops of rosemary oil
- Pour all these ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Now Mix them for at least 2 minutes.
- Finally, your spray is ready to use.
This type of spray has a very strong smell and effect. The best place to use this spray is outside or in the farm animals.
Homemade DIY fly Spray For dogs
This type of spray is best for the house flies. You can also apply this spray on your dogs, do not apply this spray on your dog’s nose or eyes.
- One by fourth (1/4) Cup of Witch Hazel
- One by fourth (1/4) Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (Buy Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 32 to 58 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
- First Pour Cider Vinegar and Witch Hazel in the spray bottle.
- Mix these two ingredients well
- Now, add the eucalyptus oil in the spray bottle
- Again mix all ingredients by shaking the bottle
DIY Fly spray is ready to use. You can apply this fly repellent spray inside and outside. You can also apply DIY Fly spray at your dog’s body too.
Natural Fly Spray For Your Horse
There are hundreds of commercial fly sprays available for horses. However, the drawback of using these types of sprays is the chemicals which are used to prepare them.
In summer if you apply fly spray on your horse twice a day. Then it means the whole day your horse cover up with the spray chemical. Plus commercial horse sprays are expensive too.
It is better to create homemade Fly Spray for your horse because it is cheap, easy and natural. To prepare Fly Spray for your horse at home your need following ingredients.
- Half (1/2) Cup of Spray-on Sunscreen
- One (1) Cup of white vinegar
- Two (2) cups of water
- Fifty (50) drops of citronella oil
- Twenty-Five (25) drops of Lemongrass essential oil
- Twenty-Five (25) drops of peppermint essential oil
- Twenty (20) drops of Lavender essential oil
- Two (2) Tablespoons of Dr. Bronner’s Liquid soap
- 32 oz Spray bottle
- Add all the ingredients into your spray bottle.
- Mix all the ingredients by shaking the bottle.
- Finally, your horse spray is ready to use.
How To Get Rid of Flies from Goats?
I have tried this recipe on my goats and it works perfectly. This Fly spray for goats is natural and very easy to make. Your goats will not get any reaction on this Fly Spray.
- One fourth (1/4) cup of vinegar
- Two (2) Tablespoons of Dish Soap
- Thirty (30) drop of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Sixteen (16) oz Spray Bottle
- Pour all the ingredients in Spray Bottle
- Now, fill the remaining bottle with water
- Shake the bottle so that all ingredients mix properly
Your fly repellent spray is ready to use. You should again shake the bottle before using it.
Natural Fly Spray For Your Cows
In summer I find out my cows were covered with swirling flies. I found it disturbing and start searching organic fly repellent for cows. After one week of research, I found this recipe which best works for me.
- One (1) cup of apple cider vinegar
- One (1) cup of mineral oil
- Half (1/2) teaspoon of lemongrass essential oil
- Half (1/2) teaspoon of citronella essential oil
- Half (1/2) teaspoon of orange essential oil
- One fourth (1/4) teaspoon of eucalyptus essential oil
- One fourth (1/4) teaspoon of clove essential oil
- Two (2) Tablespoons of Bio Kleem Concentrate
- First of all, you need to pour all the ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Then mix the bottle well.
- Your fly spray is ready to use.
I hope you get all the information about “Homemade Fly Spray”. If you want to read other interesting posts then visit.