Removing candle wax from a carpet is a difficult task but it is not impossible. Everyone must know about How To Get Wax Out of Carpet using simple methods.
Candlelight provides a cozy and romantic ambiance in the house. Scented candles and slow music can give a soothing environment. But, what if a candle wax drips all over your carpet? No need to panic.
You can remove candle wax from the carpet using simple cleaning products. These products can be easily available at any home or you can get them from the nearest market.
How To Get Wax Out of Carpet?
Carpet or rugs in a house provides a warmth atmosphere in winters. They have the capability to change the overall appearance of your drawing room or even a bedroom. But carpet needs maintenance and weekly cleaning. Otherwise, they catch dust, dirt and even stains.
Carpet cleaning is a time taking task but at the same time cleaning them is important. So, if you had a birthday party, or you have arranged a candlelight dinner at your home and all the candle wax is melted on your carpet. Then you don’t need to worry.
In this article, we will tell you a few methods of removing wax from carpets.
Things Required to Get Wax Out of Carpet
- Butter Knife or scrapper
- Ice or Ice pack
- Carpet cleaner
- Liquid detergent
- Towel or Brown paper
1st: Method of Getting Wax Out of Carpet
You can follow these simple steps given below to get rid of wax from the carpet:
- For removing candle wax, you have to act fast because fresh marks can be removed quickly.
- Put an ice pack on the affected area of carpet to hard the candle wax.
- Now scrape the excess candle wax off the carpet using a butter knife or a scraper.
- Then put a paper on the affected area. Now set the iron on low heat. Put the iron on the paper so the heat of an iron can melt the remaining wax. The candle wax will melt and then stick to the brown paper.
- Repeat the process until all the wax is removed from the carpet.
- After that, take a little amount of alcohol on a towel and rub it on the mark. Then clean it with a damp cloth.
- Finally, dry the carpet using a blow dryer and then vacuum clean it for better results.
Do not set the iron on high temperature otherwise, it will melt the fiber of your carpet. Always set the iron on low heat for good results.
2nd: Another Method of Getting Wax Out of Carpet
As soon as you notice the stain on your carpet, act fast. Don’t let the candle wax set completely on the carpet.
- Scrape off the excess wax from the carpet using a butter knife.
- Then vacuum off the wax particles from the carpet. Scrape the remaining candle wax on the carpet.
- Now damn a small towel, fold it and put it on the affected area.
- Take iron, set it on a low temperature and place it over the towel for a few seconds. The heat of the iron will melt the remaining wax and towel will absorb it.
- Repeat this process until all the wax is gone.
- Now take a carpet cleaner and rub it over the affected area with a scrubber. Then clean it with a dry soft cloth and vacuum the area.
Moreover, if the candle is colored and it left its color on your carpet. Then you can use alcohol to get rid of colored candle wax. Just put a few drops of alcohol on a soft white cloth and rub it on the stain for a few seconds. After some time, you will notice that wax is completely gone from the carpet.
These methods are very easy and cheap. So I think everyone should learn about how to get wax out of carpet.
I hope you like my post about “How To Get Wax Out of Carpet”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit:
- How to Use Ammonia to Clean Carpets?
- How To Use A Mop For Effective Home Cleaning
- Best Vacuum Cleaner For Carpet?