How to Record a Video on Mac: Mac has always been the most wanted system of choice. Creative people opt for Mac as it does many creative things much better than anything else. Mac enables you to compose visuals of high quality.
Sometimes you want to record a video on a Mac using a built-in camera. It can be for a special moment as a quick video or a movie for any purpose. It might be for social media or personal use. For any reason using the front camera and a built-in app, you can record your video. You can also Merge Different PDF Files Into One File On MAC.
How to Record Video on Mac
It is quite straightforward to record a video on Mac. Mac Operating System has many tools to get your work done for video. Apple’s primary tools are great for recording. Photo Booth, iMovie, Quick Time are easy to use.
How to Record Video on Mac using QuickTime
Following a guideline is given to you for recording a video using QuickTime:
- In Mac operating system open applications folder.
- Go to QuickTime Player, or use shortcut keys Shift-Command(⌘)-A, then pressing the letter Q.
- Click on the drop-down “File” menu.
- Choose “New Movie Recording”.
- The front camera of the webcam will activate.
- You can see a red record button, click it to start recording your video.
- Click on the stop button to end the recording. It’s optional to crop the video for making it a short video clip.
- Select “Save” from the drop-down “File” menu.
- Save your video to the location of your choice.
It will be saved as .mov QuickTime file but the format can be changed as per your requirement. QuickTime also allows you to record your screen. Follow the steps below:
- From the drop-down “File” menu.
- Select “New Screen Recording”.
- Click the red dot in the center of the Screen Recording window.
- There is an option to record the selected part of your ongoing screen. Click and drag to make the selection you want to record. (The larger selection the more disk space it will require.)
How to Record Video on Mac using Photo Booth
Photo Booth is another app in Mac OS. The guideline to record a video using Photo Booth is given below.
- Open Photo Booth app on Mac.
- Click on the “View photo” icon or “View video” icon.
- On the left click on the Video button.
- To Record the video click on “Record Video” button.
- Click the “Stop” button when done.
Following these steps, you can record your video.
Recording Video using iMovie
Your video can be recorded by iMovies as-well. It will use the FaceTime HD camera built on your Mac. Following are the steps:
- Open import window. Click on “Import” button on the toolbar.
- If the “Import” button is not available. Click on the “Media” button then click on the “Import” button.
- Select a built-in camera from the camera section.
- Start recording by clicking on the “Record” button.
- To stop click on the “Record” button again.
The resolution of a video depends on the model of Mac. You can use third-party apps too, to record a video.
I hope you like my post about “How to Record Video on Mac”. If you want to read more related articles then you can also visit: