How to share games on steam: Valve has launched the long-awaited feature “Steam Family Sharing” through which you can share your games with up to 10 family members or friends. Sharing a common hobby or interest brings people together. You can now share your gaming library with your loved ones who like playing games just like you.
Through this feature, you can allow access to your Steam library to a maximum of ten computers and five accounts. It is necessary to know that the games which require a subscription, a third party account, or an account would not be available for sharing at Steam Family Sharing.
If you want to play old games or PS3 game on PS4 then it is possible as through some easy steps you can play ps3 games on ps4.
Besides, sharing a game using this feature is not as easy as clicking the sharing button. This article will provide you a step by step guide on how to share games on steam. So if you are looking forward to sharing your library then follow this guide.
How To Share Games On Steam?
As describes earlier, Using Steam Family Sharing you can share your gaming library to maximum 5 accounts. But it is worth mentioning here that only one user can access your library at a time. It means that two users cannot access your library to play different games at the same time.
The steps to share Steam Gaming are given below:
Enable The Steam Guard Security Feature
In order to enable the Family Library Sharing feature, you have to turn on the Steam Guard Security first. The step to enable this feature are as following:
- First, open your Steam account and submit your login details.
- After that, click Steam which is shown in the upper left corner.
- Next, go to Settings.
- Click the Account button and then select Manage Steam Guard Account Security.
- For verification check “Get Steam Guard codes from the Steam app on my phone” or “Get Steam Guard codes by email.”
- After verification, this feature will be enabled on your account.
Sharing Your Steam Games
Here are the steps to share your gaming library:
- First, log in to your Steam account on your friend or family member’s PC.
- Next, go to the upper left corner of your screen and click on “Steam”.
- After that click on Setting.
- Select “Family” feature.
- Make sure that the Authorize Library Sharing on this particular computer is turned on or checked.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Log out of your Steam account.
- Now your friends and family members will be able to play games that you shared, once they log into their own account.
It is worth knowing that when you share your library with others, your own game progress would not be interrupted. The game achievements of others will be saved on their own account. Moreover, at a single time, only one user can access the shared games. In the future, this function might work in Virtual Reality Gaming as World is close to VR.
So if you have shared a game and you want to play it, a notification will appear on the screen of other people. steam will give them a couple of minutes to save their progress and to quite the game. In other cases, they will be asked to purchase the game.
How To Disable The Steam Family Library Sharing feature
If you have decided to stop sharing your gaming library for some reasons then you can do so by the following method.
- First, log into your Steam account.
- Go to the upper left corner and click Steam.
- After that, select Settings and click Family.
- Deselect or uncheck the box next to the user you want to remove from the sharing feature.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Family Library Sharing feature is very smart pro-gamers move by Valve to attract people towards computer gaming. You will be able to lend your massive Steam library for free to the new PC gamers who are unable to purchase.
I hope you like my post about how to share games on steam and if you have any query then ask us in the comments section. We will be waiting to hear from you. You may also read similar articles: