How To Shrink Pores? Ten Ways To Shrink Pores Smaller
How To Shrink Pores: Facial pores around cheeks, chin, and nose cannot disappear. Yet they are maximized due to some reason. Pores play an important role in the skin.
Pores are necessary for our skin, they cannot be removed but can be minimized. Shrinking pores is not as hard as you might think.
People ask many skin experts How To Shrink Pores, they have suggested some methods to shrink pores. Here are 10 tips to make your face look flawless and shrink pores.
How To Shrink Pores
Pores allow the skin to breathe and is a path between the outside and inside of the body. You need your pores but not prominent on your face. There is no specific skin type only.
Any skin type takes on the appearance of pores either dry, sensitive, normal or oily. Though oily skin has large pores. Shrink pores with the following 10 tips:
Daily cleansing is necessary to stay away from any dirt. Clean your face once or twice a day depending upon the oiliness on your skin. Though don’t over-clean your face it will make it dry.
Cleaning removes the dirt and makeup from your face. An unclean face will clog the pores resulting in acne.
Choose products for cleaning wisely. Gel, foaming facial wash or soap types are available. Take a deep look into the ingredients of your cleanser. Following are some key points for choosing a cleansing product:
- Use a non- comedogenic product
- Normal to dry skin are advised to use creamy cleansers
- Oily sensitive skin should use gel types
- Retinol makes your pore look smaller
- Salicylic acid also helps in your skin texture and unclog pores
- Magnesium and Zinc restore skin’s oil balance and clear pores.
Scrubbing or exfoliating skin to removes dead skin, oil, and dirt. Exfoliation should be done two times a week at most. There are many types of exfoliants medicated or homemade.
Some types of exfoliants are:
- Scrubs: Creams, gel, and cleansers are available for exfoliation. Use a gentle exfoliator
- Dry brushing: A soft facial brush is used made up of natural fibers. Face and brush should not be wet. Make fast and short strokes to remove dead flaky skin.
- Homemade scrubs: Try natural ingredients available in your kitchen. Sugar, honey, green tea, turmeric, oats are great to make an exfoliant. These are gentle on your skin.
Masks and Toner
Masks are great to tighten up the skin. After cleansing use a toner or a mask (or both for weekly cleansing) to make your skin smooth and dirt free. Making the pores smaller. Splash your face with warm water.
Apply the mask to your face preferable Mud mask which is great for oily skin. People with Normal, dry or sensitive skin can skip this step. Sensitive skins should be tested on a small patch.
For combination skin, you can apply a mask on specific oily areas. OnT zone ( forehead, nose, chin or apple of your cheeks). There are other masks as well. Fruit masks, Vitamin masks are great choices too.
Also, toners are applied to unclog the pores. Choose them wisely.
Once you are completely done with the cleansing process. MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE!
It is the most important step to make your pores less visible. People with oily skin think that they will make pores worse after applying moisturizer. But no, Choose a non-greasy, non- comedogenic moisturizer.
Avoid oily products. Though Almond oil is good for the skin. It is better to ask your doctor for recommending you a great moisturizer and cleanser for your skin type.
Moisturization is for balanced hydration that is very important. Without moisturizing skin produces more oil.
One of the reasons for large visible pores is Sun damage overexposure to the sun. Sunscreen helps in reducing the effects of UV rays. Apply sunscreen at least 30 SPF. Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure.
You can also choose a foundation and moisturizer that contain SPF. Sun damage can make your skin worse.
Always make sure to remove makeup after all day long. Sleep with a makeup-free face. No matter how hectic your day was. Always take time to remove makeup. Remove it with makeup remover and then wash with cleanser.
Sleeping with your makeup on damages your skin. It clogs your pore making them look larger.
Shrink Pores with Medical treatments
For the worst cases, it is recommended to use some medications. But do consult a doctor before starting anything.
- Chemical peels are used it works under the skin.
- Retinoid creams.
- Alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids. These are chemical scrubs available in the market. Apply a product for around 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Micro-Dermabrasion: It is a professional treatment that removes a skin layer and exfoliates. It should not be done too often.
- Laser treatments are also available.
Consult your doctor before any treatment.
DIY treatments – Home remedies
People with very few visible pores do not need any harsh products. Home remedies are best for everyone. Yet some people might have an allergy to some ingredients they can avoid it. Following are some DIY masks which can be applied weekly:
- Strawberry Honey Mask
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C. Not only adding them into your diet you can also make a face mask which is good for your glowing skin.
- Take strawberry. Blend them well. Add rose water or simple water as required for blending
- Mix honey when applying on your face. Honey is s natural moisturizer.
- If you are allergic to honey. Don’t add to your mask. Apply blended strawberry.
- You can add oats for an exfoliating mask.
- Egg white mask
- Separate egg white and yolk.
- Add lemon, honey and a bit of turmeric (Optional) in Egg white.
- Whisk away.
- Apply on clean face.
- For Peel off, you can add gelatin. OR
- Apply tissue on the face with a mask.
- Again apply another layer of the maks. Let it dry.
- Peel of the tissue. Results are visible on first use.
- Apple Cider Toner
- In a spray bottle mix one part of Apple cider vinegar with 3 parts of water.
- Use it as a toner at night.
- Wash your face after 20 minutes.
- For sensitive skin do a patch test.
- Turmeric Honey Mask
- Mix a pinch of turmeric in a teaspoon of Honey.
- Apply on your face.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off
- Nutmeg Honey Mask
- Mix a pinch of Nutmeg in a teaspoon of Honey. Cinnamon can be added to it(optional).
- Apply on your face.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off
- DISCLAIMER: Nutmeg can cause redness on the skin. It can get worse on sensitive skin. A patch test is necessary.
- Honey and Lemon
- Mix honey and lemon.
- Apply in your face. It does wonders.
- For allergic people, it is better to take a test on a small patch of skin.
- Apply for 30 minutes at least.
- Wash it off.
- Ice Facial
- Easiest and simplest home remedy is Ice cubes or Ice water.
- Take a piece of a cube rub it on your face,
- It does miracles.
- It makes your skin glow and youthful.
- Many celebrities do this remedy for their young skin.
- Before doing a makeup you can rub ice all over your face. It minimizes pores and reduces any swelling or redness.
Honey is a great antioxidant. It should be added to your diet as well. It has many other benefits as well. Also, you can steam your face to open up your pores for deep cleansing.
How to Shrink Pores – Makeup Hacks
Makeup does change you. It enhances your features making your skin look flawless. Yet there are some steps which are important to do for a flawless look:
- Use a primer. A pore minimizer is great it settles your foundation so well.
- Concealer. Everyone knows what concealer is to any makeup lover. It hides out all your flaws make it stand out.
These two steps in a makeup minimized the visibility of pores.
Stay Hydrated and Eat Right to Shrink Pores
For sure the vital step is to make your lifestyle healthy which appears on your skin too. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Vitamins play a great role to promote your skin. Vitamin C and Vitamin E are great for your skin. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and sugar. Stay hydrated. Drinks at least 2 and a half liters of water in a day.
Moreover, exercise and sweat. Sweating also improves your skin texture. It removes toxins from the skin. A rule of thumb is to get 8 glasses of water.
Skin reflects your health. Take care of it. Apply a good moisturizer after cleansing. Avoid harsh chemicals and soaps. Always put sunscreen and stay hydrated.