How to split screen on mac? You can now see two different windows at the same time using Split screen mode that divides the screen of your computer into two halves. For complex work assignments and research projects, it proves to be immensely useful.
This is the only reason so many students and professionals are looking for ways to split the screen. We all work on different windows at a time in order to write something in a spreadsheet or document. Or else we have to read a PDF report while composing an email introducing it to our team.
In such situations, the Split screen works like magic. This article will guide you on how to split screen on Mac step by step. So, if you are looking for the ways to do so then read the article till the end.
How To Split Screen On Mac?
You will see three buttons i.e. red, yellow and green at the upper left corner of every Mac window. Also, arrows appear when you hover over the green button. You can click on this in order to expand the window to full screen or to bring it back.
Besides, the green button is also used to split the screen on Mac windows. Follow these steps to split the screen:
- First, click and hold the green button at the upper left corner. You will see that your window gets a bit smaller. It is all set to enter split screen mode.
- Next, you have to stop clicking. Your window will move to the left half of your computer screen or monitor.
- While on the right half of your computer screen, the other windows that you had opened will appear. You have to click on the one you want to see.
- On the right side of the screen, your second window will appear.
Working On Split Screen
- If you want to switch the sides then simply drag one of the windows to the other side from the menu bar.
- Besides, If you want to make one window narrower or wider, just click the border shown between two windows. Next, drag your cursor in order to make one window smaller or larger. It is worth telling that your two windows will still fill the entire screen.
- Also in this mode, your menu bars disappear including the red, yellow, green dots. If you want menu bar to reappear then move your cursor to the top of your screen. The menu bar will appear on both windows.
- It is very easy to toggle around two documents in this screen split mode. Besides you can toggle between other apps and your split screen. For this purpose, just use Mission Control or swipe left or right on your trackpad with a multi-touch gesture.
Exit Split View
If you want to exit the Split Screen mode then follow these steps:
- First, go to the windows button and for that move the cursor to the top of the screen.
- Next, click on the full-screen button.
- The second window will remain in full view.
- Navigate to it by clicking the app, using Mission Control to show all your windows, or swipe to it on your trackpad.
Split Screen mode on Mac windows makes it very easy to work on a complex assignment or any professional project. It becomes comfortable to read and type at the same time and you get rid of toggling back and forth between different windows.
Besides, Split-screen view is an elegant and simple solution to the floating windows problem. Split view carefully positions two windows in order to fill your entire screen.
I hope you like my post about How to split screen on Mac and if you have any query or suggestions then hit them down in the comments section. We will be waiting to hear from you.