Most people don’t know how to cut grass. They hire a gardener to look after their plants and beautiful lawn. Usually, it is asked by masters how to start a lawnmower?
We have a simple basic guide for beginners who don’t know how to use a lawnmower to cut grass.
Let us begin with easy and simple steps. Also, we will share some information related to a lawnmower.
What is Lawnmower?
A lawnmower is a tool used for trimming field or lawns. It is a gadget for gardeners. There are different types of lawnmowers. You can choose according to your needs.
Types of Lawnmower
There are different types of lawnmower to use. Lawnmowers have various styles of mechanism:
- Traditional or Push Lawnmower
- Cylinder Lawnmower
- Rotary Lawnmower
- Hovering Lawnmower
- Electric Lawnmower
- Cordless Lawnmower
- Riding lawnmower
- Petrol Lawnmower
- Robot Lawn Mower
How to Start A Lawnmower?
A traditional or push lawnmower is a gadget used in lawns to cut grass. It is the most common type and affordable among all types. Moreover, it doesn’t need any electricity.
However, a traditional lawnmower can be used easily. Follow these steps:
- First of all, check your lawnmower. It should have both gas and oil in tanks.
If your mower has 2 stroke engine you will need to mix oil and gas. Make sure to mix the right amount and quality oil in the gas.
If it had 4 stroke engine then only oil is enough.
- Note: Your machine will work perfectly if it is not greased.
- If your mower has been inactive for many days you should press the primer button 3 to 5 times.
The prime button is either red or black. Do not press the prime button roughly.
- Pull the lever. It is near the top of the handle toward you.
- The start cord has to be pulled for several times.
- You should neither jerk nor yank on the cord.
- Check the spark plug. The plug should be firmly attached. Otherwise, take it to the mechanic.
- If a starter is stuck. Turn off the plug and check. The grass might be stuck in.
- If the lawnmower engine gets hot. Turn it off immediately. Let it cool down.
- Keep a fire extinguisher for any case.
- Check discharge chute. It is a place where the grass clippings fly out. The discharge chute should be clear.
- Furthermore, air filters should be replaced yearly to reduce the risk of clogging.
- Change the height of the mower according to the grass length.
Take care of your Lawnmower
- Motor oil should be check oftentimes.
- Add oil till the required amount.
- A dip stick can be used to measure oil.
- Change oil for maintenance.
- If you are inexperienced than take the lawnmower to the mechanic for repairing or maintenance.
- Blades of lawnmower should be sharp enough. Otherwise, it will not give a fine cut to the grass.
NOTE: Do not sharp blade yourself.
- The main issue of starting failure is due to the gas tank might be empty.
- Do not fill the gas tank more than the requirement.
- If you are not sure about anything in a lawnmower. Do not experiment rather use a user manual book. Or some help from an expert.
The Cheapest Lawnmower – How to Start it?
There is an old fashioned lawnmower too. It requires manpower but no fuel or electricity. Yes, you guessed it right Reel lawnmower it is. Here are some advantages of reel lawnmower.
- Good for grass health
- It makes your garden look attractive.
- Most importantly it does not pollute the environment.
- They do not make any noise.
- It is easy to use.
- Safe to use.
- Low maintenance.
- You can stay in shape by mowing your lawn with reel lawnmower. It requires manpower.
- Last but not least! It is the cheapest than power mowers.
We will also let you know how to start a reel lawnmower. There is no rocket science in starting a reel lawnmower. Though you need some power and stamina to work with it.
Grab the lawnmower. Hold the handle firmly and move on the grass. Cut grass in a sequence. You can redo if some part is not well-trimmed. Learn some tricks to use a reel lawnmower.
Power lawnmowers need high maintenance. Read the user manual before working with it. They are not as time-consuming as a manual lawnmower.