In this article, we are discussing How to Wash Stuffed Animals and Toys. It is so cute that kids love to take their favorite toy everywhere they go.
This means that these toys carry so much dust and dirt in them. All the toys need to be clean as kids take them in the mouth also. The majority of kids love to cuddle with their stuff toys while sleeping.
So, cleaning them is an essential part of a mother’s life. As they can be harmful to your little angels.
How To Wash Stuffed Animals
It is tough to keep stuffed toys clean without damaging them but it is not impossible.
Keeping toys clean is very important. Dirty toys can be really dangerous for Kids having asthma or different skin allergies. They collect dust from sitting on the shelf.
Moreover, you should learn a simple tip about stuff toys that they are the same as clothes. Less you wash them, longer they will look new.
We are sharing some simple and effective tips with you to keep stuff toys clean.
Washing Stuffed Toys in Machine
Always read the label attached to the toys carefully before washing them. If the tag says do not wash them in a machine, then do not put them in a machine. As you can damage them by washing in a machine.
Moreover, if there are no washing instructions then look for any other signs that say:
- Movable limbs. As we all know stuff toys usually have delicate joints in them.
- Non-removable metal frames or electrical components. For instance, voice boxes, lights, and many others.
- All the tears and rips should be repaired before washing
- Handmade stuffed toys
- Stuffed with fiber-balls or foam
Important points while Washing
- You must select the gentlest cycle on your washing machine.
- Always use cold water for washing stuffed toys.
- Use mild liquid detergent for washing these delicate toys.
- You can also use laundry sanitizer if you want to disinfect the toy. Choose a laundry sanitizer that works both on white and colored clothes. Try not to use bleach on toys.
- Furthermore, you can also use launderable mesh bags for washing toys. If a toy is small put it in a bag and then wash. This will protect all the parts of a toy.
- After washing, air-drying toys are the best option. Use a hairdryer to dry stuff toys. Set the dryer on low heat and then dry all the toys. This will fluff up all the fur in the toys.
Hand-Washing Stuff Toys
Hand-washing stuff toys take time and effort but the end results are worthy. mentioned below are some tips on How to hand-wash stuff toys:
- Select a toy that you want to wash. Then dip it in the cold water and squeeze it. All the dirty water will come out of the toy after squeezing. Continue squeezing the toy until clean water comes out of it.
- Now prepare a mild detergent for cleaning a toy. For this, mix a small amount of water and liquid detergent in a small container. Mix them well to prepare a mild mixture.
- Take a soft bristle toothbrush. Dip the brush in the mild cleaning solution and start rubbing it on the toy. Scrub all the parts of a toy with gentle circular motions.
- After scrubbing all the stains, rinse the toy under cold running water. Continue squeezing it to remove all the excess soap and suds from the toy.
- For drying stuff toys, you can hang them in the open air. Hanging them is important because they drip a lot.
Gentle-Cleaning of Stuffed Animals
- For gently cleaning the dust off the toys. You can damp cloth and then wring it well. Gently wipe away all the dirt from the toy.
- You can also use the hose attachment of vacuum cleaner for removing dust from stuffed animals.
- Moreover, if you want to remove nasty odor from the toy then you can put a toy in a paper bag. Add one tablespoon of baking soda in a bag and shake it well.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes. Then brush out the excess baking soda from a toy. After that clean it with a dry towel. Baking soda absorbs all the bad smells from toys.
Quick Wrap Up
Some important points you should remember while washing stuffed animals:
- Always make sure that a stuffed toy is washable.
- Put it in a mesh bag.
- Read the label attached to a toy carefully.
- Wash Using Cold/Luke warm water on a delicate cycle.
- Hang dry stuff toys.
I hope you like my post about “How To Wash Stuffed Animals”. So, if you want to read more related articles then you can also visit: