If you have Neapolitan Mastiff dog in your house then you must provide him good treatment and look after it, Neapolitan Mastiff has many amazing characteristics which include loyalty, social behavior and have strong protective and guarding instinct. In this article, we will provide you some useful guidelines which will help and guide you on how to care for a Neapolitan Mastiff and how you can give your pet best home conditions.
Look After Neapolitan Mastiff
- The Neapolitan Mastiff dog is famous breed known for its loyalty and quiet nature, This breeds dog are very large in size and have very social and loving nature. This pet is best for you if you need a dog for protection of your house and for your kids because Neapolitan Mastiff has very protective natural instinct.
- Whenever this breed sees any stranger at home or outdoor it becomes very active and reluctant. If you are adopting this breeds dog the first time then you can think of its appearance that it is a very aggressive animal but in reality, it is not, in fact, this animal is very social, loyal and friendly.
- If you have children at home then we recommend you look after them because they can get hurt accidentally during playing due to the strength of your pet.
- As we already mentioned it the size of this breed is very large and they look like a beast, for example, the standard measurements of this breed are following.
- in the adulthood, the male Mastiff can cross the height of 65 to 72 cm and they can have the weight of 60 to 70 kilos.
- in the adulthood, the female mastiff can have hight of little less than male mastiff which is 60 to 67cm and they can have the weight of 50 to 59 kilos.
- Remember this kind of breed can remain a puppy for a long period of time until they reach 3 years old they are considered to be a puppy, therefore, you must tread carefully and take care of your Neapolitan Mastiff by considering them as a puppy.
- Take your pet outside for a walk and due to its size we recommend you that this dog is not good for you if you are living in a small apartment. It is best for you to have some space in the home before you bring this animal in your home.
- you have to give a high portion of food to your pet because of its size and to keep your pet Neopolitan mastiff healthy. Notice when you take your pet outdoor they are not to fast as compared to other breeds of dogs because they have a large size, therefore, they are very heavy and cant run too fast.
- one of the best exercise for Neapolitan Mastiff is swimming because it makes them feel they have less weight and they can easily move fast.
- when your pet reaches the adulthood stage then you must feed them at least 1Kilo of food per day with rice, meat, and bread. Provide high quality of food in high quantity to your pet because of there size they eat a lot.
- you have to pay special attention to the skin of Neapolitan mastiff because the folds which are characteristic of this breed can become a problem if you do not care them and keep them hygiene. You must wipe your dog’s face and nose after they eat to ensure they do not have any waste otherwise they can easily get an infection.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit www.Tryarticles.com