When we buy perfumes, sauces, jams and glass jars some of their bottles or jars are so elegant that we don’t want to throw them even after finishing the product. We want to reuse them for decoration purposes or in many other ways. Majority of the bottles are now having painted bottle labels other than typical stickers on them. These painted bottle labels are needed to be removed if you want to use the bottle for decoration purposes or other stuff.
So, for removing painted bottle labels you must need to know some important steps on How to remove painted bottle labels. Here on vequill.com, we are providing you many easy and efficient ways to remove painted bottle labels from different glass bottles and jars.
Removal of Simply painted labels from bottles
Labels which are simply and directly printed on bottles are very easy to get rid of. You just need to dip the bottle in the solution of acetone or vinegar with water to make them mild.
Things required for the removal of painted bottle labels
- Vinegar or acetone
- Soft bristle brush
- A pan
- Scouring pad
- Bottle with painted label on it
Steps for removal of painted Bottle labels
- Put acetone or vinegar in the pan. Do not fill the pan completely with acetone because when you will dip the bottle in it, the volume will also raise.
- Now dip the bottle upside down with painted label on it. Do not forget to put the cap on the top of the bottle. Now Soak the bottle in a pan filled with acetone for 55-60 minutes to act or till the label begins to leave the bottle.
- Then take out the bottle from pan, and clean the label with soft cotton cloth by rubbing the letters with little pressure.
- If the label is unable to leave the bottle then use a scouring pad or soft bristle brush, rub it on the label for few minutes to get rid of remaining letters on the label.
- If the label is still in the bottle then you can use a razor to remove it. Scrape the label with the razor to completely remove the painted label from the bottle but with great care.
After few hours the painted label will completely leave the bottle and you can easily use the bottle for decorative purposes.
Removal of screen painted labels from bottles
Screen painted labels are little difficult to get rid of from glass bottles as compared to simply printed bottles. For this, you need to use some strong solutions to remove the label from the bottle.
Things required for the removal of screen painted bottle labels
- A small bucket
- Glass bottle with screen painted labels
- Acid-base sanitizer
- Scouring pad
Steps to follow
- Put acid-base sanitizer in the bucket but do not fill the bucket completely with sanitizer because when you will dip the bottle in it, the volume will also raise.
- Now dip the bottle upside down with screen painted label on it. Do not forget to put the cap on the top of the bottle. Now Soak the bottle in a bucket filled with acid-base sanitizer for a whole day to act or till the label begins to leave the bottle.
- After a whole day, rub the screen painted label with scouring pad to remove the label completely from the bottle.
- Now you can wash the bottle with plenty of water, and then dry it with the help of a towel.
Points to Remember
- We will recommend you to wear gloves before using acid-base sanitizer as it can cause damage to the human skin.
- Make sure to follow the given time for soaking the bottle in vinegar or in acid-base sanitizer.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tryarticles.com