If you have a pet dog in your home then you definitely give him the best care and to protect them against a disease you must vaccinate your dog. Do you know that when dogs have given rabies vaccine it has side effects too? A rabies vaccine can cause serious problems in dogs, in fact, any vaccine has potential to cause a reaction. It is possible that when you give rabies vaccine dogs immune systems are overloaded and the vaccine reaction can come from the disease itself.
You can say that when a rabies vaccine is given to a dog then instead of protecting the pet from the disease it causes the disease itself. Read this article to completely know rabies vaccine side effects.
Side effects of rabies vaccine
It is possible that when you give a pet rabies vaccine then they can show side effect immediately or within a few days of vaccination. The side effects of rabies vaccine are following.
- Facial swelling
- Difficulty in breathing
- If your pet shows these types of side effect after rabies vaccine then we recommend you to take your pet to the vet immediately because there is no first aid of reaction. Most of the time vets record these type of rabies vaccine reaction so to be aware when next time they vaccine a pet.
- In case your puppy is suffering from a mild reaction from rabies vaccine then a veterinarian should advise you on the future vaccination protocols. There are three possibilities which can occur due to the rabies vaccine.
- Your dog will have the same reaction
- Nothing will happen
Your pet has a worse reaction (Dog life-threatening anaphylaxis) It is interesting to know that the rabies vaccine is only which is legally required and it should be given by a veterinarian.
In case your pet has a rabies vaccine reaction then you can ask your vet to write a letter which states that your pet has a potential for life threating reaction if it has given rabies vaccine dose. The governing bodies accept the letter or not it all depends upon the area In which you are living and the rules and regulation of that state.
- There are various types of a severe reaction of rabies vaccine such as type1 which occurs typically within hours or days after vaccination.
- Delayed side effects of vaccination are not so clear because they can start within a week after vaccination and these side effects can last for a long period of time. These delayed reactions are very controversial as it is difficult to associate them directly to rabies disease.
- Dr. Jean Dodds which is a veterinarian says that there is a direct rabies vaccination link to the medical and behavioral concerns which are following
- Loss of sight, cataract, dry eye
- Autoimmune diseases
- Any dermatological condition
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Poor hair coats
- Reverse sneezing
- Low-grade fever
- Mild allergic reaction
Rabies vaccine behavioral reaction
- Desire to roam
- Fly snapping
- Increased sexual desire
Prevent Rabies in dog
- One of the simple and inexpensive methods to prevent rabies in dogs is to keep them away from wild animals, if you take your pet for a walk then you must make sure your dog is not going near to wild animal keep an eye on them.
- In case you saw an animal without owner then immediately inform animal authorities they will pick the dog and check its health condition and take care of it. otherwise, if this animal has rabies then a single bite or even scratch of it can transfer rabies to you.
- If you found out your pet’s behavior is aggressive, its mouth is full of foam then be alert in this condition and take your pet to the vet for a proper checkup.
- Whenever you decide to get a dog then do not get the illegal animal from other countries which has never vaccinated, you should only get a dog from the trusted channel which has proper official papers and vaccinated properly.
- In case you get a baby dog from a trusted channel then it is your duty to vaccinate it properly to prevent rabies in a dog.
- If you found out any dog which has killed some animal or person then you must call animal authorities do not take action yourself, as they are trained to handle this type of conditions.
- In case of dog bites you then you must immediately wash your infected area and disinfect the wound with iodine afterward go to a doctor and get proper treatment to prevent rabies attack.
- If you find out the owner of a dog who bites you then contact him and see proper papers and vaccination detail of the dog otherwise call animal authorities to take appropriate action.
- Whenever you feed your dog you must consider the age of your pet and give them food according to there age so that you do not overload them and they get the necessary food they require.
- You must clean your pets area where they sleep at least once in a weak so that they do not get dirty and disease.
- This article is only based on providing basic information, Tryarticles does not have any authority or responsibility to prescribe any medicine or treatment we strongly recommend you to take your pet to vet in case of any type of pain or condition your dog to have.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily