Vomit stains on clothes are hard to remove and seems impossible to get rid of. You may face vomit stains if you have small children or infants at your home. There is also a possibility of having vomit stains on clothes when someone is badly sick or suffering from stomach problem. Whatsoever may be the reason but these vomit stains leave horrible marks on your clothes and also very bad smell along with stains.
If you are facing the same problem and you want to get rid of vomit stains from your clothes then here at vequill.com we are providing you some easy and efficient steps for removing vomit stains from your clothes.
Important steps for removing vomit stains
- The first and very important step for removing vomit stains from clothes is to clean the vomit area and wipe it as much as possible. If vomit stain is not dried then absorb the liquid by covering the stain with a soft cloth or another way is to cover the stain with absorbent paper to absorb all the liquid. If vomit stain is dry then by using soft brush remove all the solid part by rubbing the brush in a circular motion on the stained part of the cloth.
- After removing the solid part of vomit from cloth now dip the garment in cold water to allow the stain to leave the garment as soon as possible. Dip the garment in water for at least 1 or 1 ½ hour, in this time stain will easily leave the cloth. Don’t use hot water for soaking the stained cloth as it helps the cloth to absorb the stain and not to leave the garment easily.
- After the given time take out the cloth from water and put some efficient stain remover on the stained part of the cloth. Leave it on cloth for few minutes to act then after few minutes you can wash the cloth as you usually do in the washing machine or by using hands.
- Don’t forget to read the tag having washing instructions before washing the clothes to prevent them from damaging or fading the color.
- Now you can check if the bad odor has gone or the stain is removed or not.
- If the stain is still there then you can follow another remedy to remove vomit stains from clothes. Wash the cloth with plenty of water to remove excess liquid of vomit. Take plenty of cold water in a bucket or tub. Put one or 1 ½ tablespoon of white vinegar in cold water.
- Mix it well and dip the stained garment in the solution of cold water and vinegar for one or 1 ½ hour. Then take out the cloth from the prepared solution rinse it with water and then you can wash the cloth as you usually do in the washing machine or by using hands.
- Another remedy is to use sodium bicarbonate or baking soda to remove vomit stains from clothes. Baking soda is very helpful in removing different types of stains and it is also used for different cleaning purposes. Prepare a solution of baking soda and water. Put one tablespoon of baking soda in half cup of water.
- Dip the cotton cloth in prepared solution, wring it and rub it on stained part of the garment until the stain starts fading. Leave the solution on the garment for 15-17 minutes and then rinse it. Now you can wash the garment as you usually do in the washing machine or by using hands.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit www.Tryarticles.com