A Complete Step By Step Guide For Smokey Eye Makeup
Smokey Eye is daring, bold and dramatic and they are awesome for everything from a date night to a specific event. Just with a little bit of practice, you can get this amazing look even better than ever before.
You can any color of choice to get the smokey eye look, but you will be needing three different shades of the same color. Apart from the commonly used black and gray, you can also use brown shades, purple, blue, green or any other color of your choice. If you have hooded eyes then you must know the specific method to do the eye makeup.
Creating A Classic Smokey Eye
1. Apply Eyelid Primer. It will create a smooth base for the eyeshadow. You will then dab a quite thin layer of primer on your eyelids with the help of your fingers. Do it right before starting your eye makeup.
Applying the primer before doing the makeup will not only give color easily to your eyes but the makeup will also last longer and the colors will be vibrant than before.
- Eyelid primer can be found in the beauty products store.
- If you do not get the eyelid primer, you can use the normal face primer instead.
2. Blend the medium tone of your eyeshadow all over your eyelid. Then select the middle shade eyeshadow and apply it over the whole eyelid. But, stop when you get the natural crease on your lid, rather than brushing it all over the eyelids including the brows.
- To apply color over your eyelids, a dome-shaped brush specially made for eyeshadow is the best.
- Stop when the color reaches the inner corners of your eyes as that is the place where your highlighter will be applied.
- For example, if you are having a brown palette which consists of warm honey, shimmery gold shade, and dark espresso then you must use the honey shade on your eyelids.
Stylish and groomed eyebrows will make your eyes more attractive so you can also focus on making your eyebrows more stylish.
3. Apply the lighter shade to the inside corner of your eyes and right beneath your brow. The lightest color in your palette is used as the highlighter. Using your eyeshadow brush, apply the highlighter on the inner corners of both the upper and lower eyelids.
Blend it right under your eyeshadows as well, from the beginning to the end of your brows. Then, take a fluffy eyeshadow brush to sweep the highlighter into your middle shade.
- A small, flat brush is best for getting eyeshadow into the inside corners of your eyes, but you can also use the same brush which you used for medium shade if you want.
- Just be careful and wipe off any previous colors from the brush before you switch to a new shade.
- Figuring out where to put your eyeshadow is the most tricky part of a smokey eye. Just practice and have fun.
4. Begin layering the darkest color on the outward corner of the eyes. Start at the outside of your eyes, blend the brightest color in the C shape. The dark color should go around halfway down your lash line out to the corner.
Whenever you want to apply a darker shadow, starting at the outward corner of the eye and blend it upwards or inwards. For the best results, work in thin layers, rather than applying a lot of product all at once.
- A flat, small brush is good for applying color to the crease, although you might prefer a fluffier brush that is tapered at the ends.
- Do not apply the shadow to the too far in. Depending on the shape of the eyes, the inner third or half of your eyelid shouldn’t have any dark shadow at all. This will help your eyes look open and bright.
- In the brown palette, this would be the dark espresso color.
5. Absorb your eyeshades together so that they merge in each other perfectly. Swirl a fluffy eyeshades brush from the outside corner of your eye along the crease, then at the bottom of your eyelid and all the way up to your brow bone.
Blend properly until the eyeshades are faded slowly from the brightest color to the skin tone without giving any harsh line or anything obvious. It can take quite a while to get a fully blended eyeshade to look for your eyes so calm down and relax.
- Blend the eye shadow starting from your brow bone to the outer corner and then the inner corner of your eyelid.
- If you feel the need you can apply more color during blending your eyeshadow.
- If you are not having different eyeshades brush then you may use a piece of cloth to wipe off all the previous colors from the eyeshadow brush.
6. Apply dark shade eyeliner with your lash line if you want to. Apply pencil or liquid eyeliner from the inside corner of the lash line to the outside corner of the eye, to give a more dashing smokey eye look.
Add a small upward flick of eyeliner at the outer corner of the eyes pointing towards the outer edge of the eyebrow to create a cat eye look. It also gives a dramatic look for the night event.
- For a blurred look, draw a thick line along the top of your lash line, then blur the line with the help of your fingertip or a small eyeshadow brush.
7. To define your lashes add mascara. Apply mascara very carefully, wiggling your brush between your lashes to help define them. Add only two coats to avoid an unnatural appearance and clumps. Apply a single coat to the bottom lashes.
8. Clean all the surrounded area if there is any eyeshade or mascara. Use a large, fluffy makeup brush to wipe off all the dirt. If there is any extra mascara along your cheeks or eyelid use a q-tip brush dipped in makeup remover to blow it off. Once you are done, you are ready with your smokey eye. You can also hide under eye bags through makeup.
Prepare your smokey eye with the help of long wear eye base or light shadow. Also, you can neutralize any redness or discoloration from your eyelids. This step will let you last your eye makeup longer than ever before.
If you like my article about ‘Smokey Eye’. You can also visit some other interesting posts like “How To Fix Your Broken Nails?” For more related articles you may visit the ‘Beauty‘ category at Try Articles. Please leave a comment below that how much you find this article helpful. You may also hit your queries in the comment section below if any.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!