What Can I Give My Dog For Pain: It is the worst news for pet owners that their pet is in pain. Like human beings dogs can not be treated on one’s experience.
Yet, the immediate response of any owner is; they Google it for any recommendations. No, don’t do that. Not all human medicines are for dogs. It is better to consult a doctor.
In fact, some cures are dangerous for dogs. Let us look at What can I give my dog for pain. Medicines that are suitable in case of an emergency for dogs.
What Can I Give My Dog For Pain?
This guide can help you in your hard times when your dog is in severe pain. Medicines that are suitable and those not suitable are discussed below. As well as the side effects of a wrong intake of medicines.
Pain Relief Measures
Medicines designed for human bodies are not recommended for dogs. Like dog food, there are specially designed drugs for treating pain in dogs. Many drug companies have designed pet pain medication that is safe and effective.
You can have prescribed pain medicines from a vet for dogs. Top-rated brands for dog medicine brands are:
NSAIDs Medicines for Dogs
There are NSAIDs formulated for dogs. These are safe options. Still, they do have some side effects like drowsiness, weakness, vomiting, etc. Consult a vet to prevent these side effects.
Other than medications dogs can be treated by giving a healthy and natural diet.
- Omega fatty acids present in fish help in reducing joint pain.
- Turmeric reduces inflammation and pain.
- Ginger helps in arthritis pain.
- Alfalfa’s natural ingredient helps in joint degradation and also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Blueberries are the strongest antioxidant fruit, great for fighting inflammation and cancer. For more natural remedies you can read our related articles.
Doctors treat many cases on a regular basis, an illness caused by inappropriate treatment of dog pain. Medicines that are not recommended for Dog pain relief are mentioned below.
Human NSAIDs Medicines for Dogs
- NSAIDs medicine is a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug used for control pain and inflammation.
- Aspirin is one of the types of NSAIDs used to treat pain and reduce inflammation.
- Aspirin also helps in the prevention of blood clots.
- Common NSAIDs are
- NSAIDs works to prevent enzymes that are responsible for the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins increase pain, inflammation, and fever.
- Although prostaglandins play many important roles in the body. When these functions are reduced in Dogs they get diarrhea, loss of appetite, liver or kidney failure and intestine problems.
- It is not safe to give your dogs any type of aspirin which is meant for humans.
- Owners do give their dogs an inappropriate dose of aspirin, which causes more problems.
- Gas problems, kidney or liver disease can get worse with NSAIDs use.
- Moreover in some cases giving NSAIDs causes death.
Tylenol / Acetaminophen for Dog Pain
- Tylenol or Acetaminophen is not an NSAID.
- Tylenol is harmful to dogs.
- Tylenol destroys their kidneys, liver cells, damages tissue and poor oxygen delivery throughout the day.
Hence, it is not recommended to give human NSAIDs or Tylenol to manage dog pain. We believe in natural remedies for curing any discomfort in your dog. Yet, if the problem is worse consult a vet as soon as possible before treating yourself.
If still, your dog is in pain then you should consult with a doctor, click here to visit VETIONX. I hope you find my article ” What Can I Give My Dog For Pain” helpful. For more related articles: