Why Is It Important To Wash Your Hands Frequently?
Washing hands is also known as hand hygiene. A number of infectious diseases can be spread from one place to another on a daily basis by dirty hand. If we wash hand frequently it prevents the spread of diseases like diarrhea and cholera.
People can also be infected with respiratory diseases such as influenza or common cold if they don’t wash their hands before touching their eyes, nose or mouth. TryArticles article want to guide you and your family that why it is important to wash your hands frequently?
What Happens If You Don’t Wash Your Hands?
As you know that the germs are everywhere. Human feces which has a single germ of about the weight of a paper clip can contain one trillion germs.
Do you know that what happen if you don’t wash your hands? Germs can easily spread from one place to another even they can spread from handles, rails and doors in a matter of seconds. Here are some things which can happen if you don’t wash your hand frequently.
- You might catch a cold.
- The fecal matter might end up in your food.
- You could get or spread food poisoning.
- You are infecting everyone you touch.
- The pink eye could rear its ugly head.
- Your snacks will get dirty.
- You might pick up Hepatitis A.
- Diarrhea may become a frequent visitor.
- You might catch the Epstein Barr Virus.
Benefits Of Washing Hands
As we know that proper hand washing is the more effective way of removing germs and harmful infections and bacteria from our hands. Proper hand washing can prevent diseases and keep our environment safe, clean and fresh. There are some benefits of washing hands.
- Making a safer working environment for medical staff and the patients.
- Prevent diarrhea and painful stomach diseases.
- Avoid the common eye infections.
- Obstruction of respiratory tract infection.
- Reduce the bacteria content on your hands.
- Keeping your workplace free from bacteria.
How Often Should I Wash My Hands?
Honestly ask yourself, how many times do you wash your hands a day? If you don’t wash your hand frequently then you need to wash your hand regularly.
You should wash your hands after the following activities;
- After using the toilet.
- After a continued use of objects known to the port of bacteria e.g. mobile phones, steering wheel on public use cars, doors handles etc.
- Before touching or eating food.
- After sneezing and coughing into your hands.
- Before preparing food.
- After changing diapers or nappies.
- Before and after handling a sick child or patients.
- Before and after handling a wound.
- After taking out the trash.
- After touching any pet or animals.
Are You Washing Your Hands The Right Way?
The medical health indicates that the hand must be rubbed for at least 15 seconds after applying soap. Here are the steps of good hand washing to prevent harmful bacteria or diseases.
Washing Hands With Soap And Water Vs. Hand Sanitizer
Hand sanitizer works fastly as compared to water and soap but lets us compare its effectiveness to know that is it also the most effective one in washing hands.
Always utilize an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains no less than 60 percent alcohol. Proper hand washing with soap and water is best since hand sanitizers can lessen the number of germs on hands however, sanitizers don’t wipe out a wide range.
Therefore hand sanitizer is not the best option for eliminating all germs so soap and water is a good option for you.