How to sync Wii remote? The Wii remote is also known as Wiimote. It is basically a game controller for the Wii home video game console of Nintendo. Motion sending is one of the essential capabilities of the Wii remote.
It allows users to interact with the screen with gesture recognition, accelerometer, pointing and optical sensor technology.
If you have a Wii remote and do not know how to synchronize it then you are at the right place. This article will provide you a detailed guideline on how to sync the Wii remote. So if you are interested to solve your query then read the article till the end.
How To Sync Wii With Console?
- Press the Power Button on your Wii console in order to turn it on.
- Open the cover of the SD Card Slot situated on the front of the Wii console. Also, if you have Wii mini, the SYNC Button is located next to the battery area on the left-hand side. The SYNC button is in a darker shade of red than the console.
- Now remove the battery cover of the Wii Remote situated at the back, to be synced. It is worth telling you that some models of the Wii Remote contain a hole in the battery cover. Moreover, they have a tool on the wrist strap in order to push the SYNC Button with.
- Press and release the SYNC button situated just below the batteries compartment on the Wii Remote. The Player LED located at the front of the Wii Remote will start blinking. Quickly press and release the red SYNC button located on the Wii console.
- The syncing is complete when the Player LED stops blinking and stays lit.
Wii Remote Synced But Not Working
Follow these steps if you have a Wii Remote that was synced and working.
- Turn on the Wii console and then wait until the “Health & Safety” screen appears
- Do not press A.
- Now open the SD Card slot cover located on the front of the Wii console and below the disc drive. After that press and hold the red SYNC button for 15 seconds. Doing this will remove all synced Wii Remotes from the console.
- Next, you have to resync the Wii Remote as mentioned above. Remove the battery cover and press the red ‘SYNC’ button. Then press the SYNC button on the Wii console. You have to do this for all Wii Remotes you want to use.
- If the above steps do not work then remove the batteries of the Wii Remote. Leave them out for at least two or three minutes. Insert the batteries and sync the Wii Remote again.
Cursor Not Appearing
Cursor feature of the Wii remote is not available in some games. So you need to make sure that game you are playing uses the cursor or not by reading the instruction manual of the game. You can also return back to the channel menu to use the Wii remote in order to see if the cursor is working.
Check if you are using multiple Wii remotes in the photo channel or Mii channel. These channels will only let the Wii remote recognized as Player 1 to function.
Besides, you need to make sure that the pointer lens of the Wii remote is free of obstructions and contamination. Such as heavy smudges and stickers etc. The pointer lens is located in the tinted rectangle at the bottom of the Wii Remote.
Now sync the Wii Remote. For this press the POWER button present on the Wii Remote in order to see if the Wii you have only one Wii Remote. Also, if none of that is working. In that case, continue troubleshooting.
You need to make sure that the Wii Remote is being used between three and ten feet or one to three meters directly in front of the TV. Also, check that there are no bright light sources that can affect the operation of the Wii Remote. Moreover, check that the Sensor Bar is situated properly.
Check the functionality of the button. Also, check that the sensor bar is operating correctly or not by accessing the Wii main menu. Press the “+” and “-” buttons in order to scroll side to side through the screen of the Wii channel.
If you can scroll with the “+” and “-” buttons, but still the cursor is not showing, then there is likely a problem with the Sensor Bar.
Using Wii remotes you can enjoy games with its gesture recognition ability. Also, if your Wii remote does not work even after removing the battery then your remote needs to be repaired.
I hope you like my post on how to sync the Wii remote. If you want to give any suggestion then write them down in the comments section.