Personal strengths are actions or tasks that a person can perform well. These strengths comprise talents, skills and knowledge. A person uses these traits and abilities in his daily life to accomplish tasks, relate with others, and to achieve goals. Everyone has their own set of strengths.
Our personal strengths are that vital aspect that makes us unique as individual, and it is part of the worth we offer to the people around us. If a person is not aware of his personal strengths, it is possible, that he does not utilize them as completely as he could, and he potentially misses out on true fulfillment in his life and career.
In this article, we will let you know how you can find your personal strength and a list of strengths so it could be easier for you to find them, so read the article till the end.
How To Find What Are Your Personal Strengths?
In order to find your personal strength ask yourself these simple questions.
- What are the qualities you like the most in yourself?
- Notice what you enjoy, sometimes, the activities we enjoy act as indicators that what strengths we enjoy the most.
- Ask a friends and family members who you think knows you well, what are their thoughts about your personal strengths, and check many answers will surprise you.
- What type of work do you love and what makes you perfect at that work?
- Take an online test.
- What leaves you feeling energized?
- What makes you proud?
- Which are your ideal personalities? What qualities do you appreciate in them?
- What are the feedback do you receive from people in daily life? This is beneficial as it can provide a more accurate information of how other people truly perceive your strengths, instead of their self-reported perception.
- Which strengths resonate with you? Make a list of personal strengths and then think which personal strengths do you have.
Strengths Of Wisdom And Knowledge
These strengths entail the perk and use of knowledge
- Creativity: Thinking of stories, novel and useful ways to conceive and do things and projects.
- Curiosity: An interest in continuing experience, exploring and discovering.
- Open-mindedness: Examining and thinking things from all sides also judging all evidence fairly.
- Love of learning: Commanding new topics, abilities, and bodies of knowledge, whether on one’s own or formally.
- Perspective: Being able to provide wise counseling and having ways of perusing the world that make sense to himself and to other people.
Strengths Of Courage
These are emotional powers that involve the practice of motivation to achieve targets in the face of hurdles.
- Bravery: Not shrinking from difficulty, threat, challenge or pain also acting on convictions even if unpopular.
- Persistence: Finishing what is started, determined in a course of action instead of obstacles.
- Integrity: Presenting yourself in a genuine way; taking responsibility for one’s feeling and actions.
- Vitality: Impending life with excitement and happiness also feeling alive and activated.
Strengths Of Humanity
These are interpersonal strengths that involve social skills and making friends.
- Love: Valuing close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated.
- Kindness: Doing favors and acts of kindness.
- Social intelligence: Awareness of the purpose and feelings of other people and oneself.
Strengths Of Justice
These are civic strengths that regulate healthy community life
- Citizenship: Fulfilling your duties very well as a member of a community and being loyal to your team.
- Fairness: According to notions of fairness and justice, treating all the people same and not making biased decisions about others.
- Leadership: Being a leader encouraging your team members to achieving the goal and at the same time maintaining good relations within the team.
Strengths Of Temperance
strengths that protect against excess
- Forgiveness and mercy: Accepting the faults of others and you forgiving them if they have done wrong, also giving people a second chance.
- Prudence: Keeping in mind the choice of other person, not saying harsh or doing things that might later be repented and not taking undue risks.
- Self-regulation: Directing your own feelings and does things being disciplined also having control on your appetites and emotions.
Strengths Of Transcendence
These are strengths that frame connections to the massive universe and provide meaning:
- Appreciation of beauty and excellence: Giving good feedback about beauty, skilled performance and excellence in various aspects of life.
- Gratitude: Being social and thankful of the good things happening due to others; taking time for appreciation.
- Hope: Working hard to achieve a goal and expecting the best at the end.
- Humor: Love to tease and laugh also making other people happy and seeing the light side.
- Spirituality: Having logical beliefs about the higher objectives, the meaning of life, and the meaning of the universe.
Organizing And Planning Strengths
- Define concrete goals.
- Explain goals in detail.
- Create a plan to achieve goals.
- Gather and assign resources.
- Motive the staff for highest level of performance.
- Evaluate progress and provide feedback.
Problem Solving Strengths
- Recognize the problem.
- Analyze the relevant information.
- Understand cause and effect relationships.
- Develop possible solutions.
- Choose the best solution and implement it.
- Clear and concise in verbalizing ideas.
- Allow effective communication.
- Able to summarize and clarify.
- Actively listen to ideas.
- Give constructive criticism.
- Take time to make a personal connection.
Strengths For Providing Direction
- Make objectives and outcomes specific.
- Clearly communicate objectives and outcomes.
- Able to fully explain tasks and delegate them.
- Create and provide clear standards and expectations.
- Develop checks and controls.
- Oversee staff to keep them on task.
If you liked my post about, “What Are Your Personal Strengths?” then leave a comment below that how much this article was beneficial for you. In case, you have any query then hit it down in the comments section. For more articles of your interest, you may visit Psychology category at TryArticles.